best hunting scope

Hi i'm new in this blog.. I'm thinking of buying 8x56 scope, I like s&b, but i'm so hesitant, there are many diferrence from s&b to swarovski or zeiss? whit your experience what is the best?

sorry for my english... i'm from italy... and I don't have much opportunity to practice...

I don't think IR is all it's cracked up to be personally, some like some don't, I'd definitely try it, but perhaps on someone else's scope first...

i'dont like illuminated reticles.. my eyes on darkness focalize the red and I see only that.. maybe it's only my difficulty...

To Illuminate or Not :hmm::hmm:

If the reticle is very fine then maybe, but very dim illumination only!

If you can see the riticle then I struggle to see the need to illuminate it..day or night!!

Only one of mine is illuminated...well I had to give it a try!!!! Still on the first battery :whistling::whistling::whistling: Don't think I will be needing the spare! :thumbs:

To Illuminate or Not :hmm::hmm:

If the reticle is very fine then maybe, but very dim illumination only!

If you can see the riticle then I struggle to see the need to illuminate it..day or night!!

Only one of mine is illuminated...well I had to give it a try!!!! Still on the first battery :whistling::whistling::whistling: Don't think I will be needing the spare! :thumbs:

I use a Nightforce scope with a very thin reticle and without the illumination it would be useless at night. Lamping scope it aint.

Brother has a Zeiss 7x50 with just the centre of the cross hairs illuminated and that's a great thing for early morning and late evening shooting without a lamp. Not needed for lamping though with his scope.

As you say its all down to reticle thickness

Edited by Vegeta
Guest JohnGalway
I use a Nightforce scope with a very thin reticle and without the illumination it would be useless at night. Lamping scope it aint.

Brother has a Zeiss 7x50 with just the centre of the cross hairs illuminated and that's a great thing for early morning and late evening shooting without a lamp. Not needed for lamping though with his scope.

As you say its all down to reticle thickness

Which reticle? I use the NP-R2 reticle and never use the IR.