Alros shadow m400

bigdave911

if its in good nick id buy it just to own it!

i reckon they are a future clasic!

sorry i cant help you out on the price but i think they were around the £600 mark new! i may be wrong though!

Thanks mate well to up date you i did buy it and it really is nice looks and shooting!

I thought i had made the wrong decision because i had never herd much about the make (but so far it has been a little hidden gem) and the company going down in 2004 (i think)

But you maybe right (i hope you are).

Right now it has taken its new place in my collection and it might be one of those keepers you never know :clapper:

I might even upload a pic if anyone is interested.

Cheers guys

Guest hyperion
if its in good nick id buy it just to own it!

i reckon they are a future clasic!

sorry i cant help you out on the price but i think they were around the £600 mark new! i may be wrong though!

Thanks mate well to up date you i did buy it and it really is nice looks and shooting!

I thought i had made the wrong decision because i had never herd much about the make (but so far it has been a little hidden gem) and the company going down in 2004 (i think)

But you maybe right (i hope you are).

Right now it has taken its new place in my collection and it might be one of those keepers you never know :clapper:

I might even upload a pic if anyone is interested.

Cheers guys

good man!, i doubt you will be disserpointed with it!

I've never heard of these or seen these until the pics above...it does bear more than a passing similarity to 2 other PCP's I can think of..if it is as good as either it seems a goodun!!

So who are the manufacturers that I have never heard of???

from what i have gathered about the company over the past weeks is that it was a very small company owned by husband and wife shooting enthusiasts. one worked the company sales the other i think was a designer and they employed a top gunsmith. there may have been one or two more employees im not sure but it was very small.

the one i have so i have been told above sold new for around £600.

the company base in england closed in 2004-05.

there was not many rifles made could have been hundreds or thousands but as far as i can gather from other sites not many.

Not sure if i paid to much for it or if i would be able to sell it if i come to do that but im happy with it, great looks feel and a wee bit of history think it might be a keeper for my collection.

Also found this on another site:

Alros rifles used to be assembled just up the road from me in Hanley,S-o-T.

They were assembled at Practical Weaponry which is no longer open. The name I think came from the 2 blokes who worked in there Allen and Ross. I think Allen continued to sell the Alros rifles but moved away from Hanley.

Anyway the rifle...They originally made 3 versions. M140, M100 and M400 (fixed bottle).

I have found a test on the M140W (walnut) in Airgunner June 1997 (issue 154). It states that the weight is 7.5lbs, length 40 ins, barrel length 21 ins.

The test model was the early version that had a 2,700p.s.i charge pressure and gave 80 shots in .22. I suppose that would equate to @ 40 - 50 shots in .177.

The early versions had a 'silver' breech block but the later ones had a black one. I'm sure the later ones charged to 3000 p.s.i.

The original triggers had single stage actions but I know they started offering a 2-stage trigger at a later date.

The barrels were a full 16 mm diameter Lothar Walther jobs. These were held in by 4 retaining screws which could be undone and the barrel could be easily removed for easy cleaning etc.

The standard silencers are pretty basic IMHO. They are basically an aluminium tube (no baffles) with a brass end cap. They slide over and then fix with an allen key grub screw.

Dave

Edited by bigdave911
I've never heard of these or seen these until the pics above...it does bear more than a passing similarity to 2 other PCP's I can think of..if it is as good as either it seems a goodun!!

So who are the manufacturers that I have never heard of???

I was going to say exactly the same thing. It is certainly just as good looking. Let us know how it shoots bigdave.