shotgun certificate

technically convictions dont apply if youve been clean for 10 yrs and you havnt done a prison sentence over 3yrs :victory:

Sorry - not true. There is no such thing as a spent conviction in respect of SGC or FAC applications. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act is specifically excluded.

If the conviction was for more than 3 years (doesn't matter how long you served) then you are banned for life.

If the conviction was for between three months and 3 years, then you are banned for 5 years from the date of conviction.

If your sentance was for less than 3 years and was 20 years ago, providing you've led a blame free life since then, you should try to find out who your local Firearms enquiry officer is and try to have a quiet word to see whether your application will be favourably received. Taking the time to find them out and speak to them will be well received, I'm sure.

Oh, and join BASC if you're not already a member. You may find that the firearm's team could help you if you have any problems.

All the best.

technically convictions dont apply if youve been clean for 10 yrs and you havnt done a prison sentence over 3yrs :victory:

Sorry - not true. There is no such thing as a spent conviction in respect of SGC or FAC applications. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act is specifically excluded.

If the conviction was for more than 3 years (doesn't matter how long you served) then you are banned for life.

If the conviction was for between three months and 3 years, then you are banned for 5 years from the date of conviction.

If your sentance was for less than 3 years and was 20 years ago, providing you've led a blame free life since then, you should try to find out who your local Firearms enquiry officer is and try to have a quiet word to see whether your application will be favourably received. Taking the time to find them out and speak to them will be well received, I'm sure.

Oh, and join BASC if you're not already a member. You may find that the firearm's team could help you if you have any problems.

All the best.

cheers lads, got 3 month young offenders for drunk and fighting that was 23 years back not been in bother since.

Go ahead and apply mate, i had a few convictions as a kid including 2 trespass with firearms and others, just got my FAC a few months ago. Make sure you put down ALL your convictions and the worst they can say is no but i doubt it. If refused you get your fee back anyway

Good luck

Go ahead and apply mate, i had a few convictions as a kid including 2 trespass with firearms and others, just got my FAC a few months ago. Make sure you put down ALL your convictions and the worst they can say is no but i doubt it. If refused you get your fee back anyway

Good luck

thanks again lads been a great help cheers.