unexpected

things dont always go as planned :doh: , 3 weeks ago my bedlington whippet jumped up on my sons bed and started to give birth 4 days early,an hour and a half in, and there was a nice size bitch pup :drink: , all seemed to be going well ,an hour after that nothing!, but she was pushing hard :angry: ,i was getting worried.... 20 minutes later shes still pushing but now shes making a horrible crying noise,that was it ,i had a nurse from next door round ,and a midwife from a few doors down,on went the laytex gloves and she confirmed that there was definately a pup stuck,10 minutes later we were at the vets,he quickly gave her 2 injections that he said should give her the help she needed.We went back home,its now 6pm the pushing and crying started again :cry: and carried on for about 25 minutes,then the vet rang me and said if she hasnt pushed it out by now,shes not going to,and hes got a team standing by ready to do a cesar,back we went,she went on the table,and i sat outside in the car, for an hour and a half until the phone went ,and he said i could come and collect her,he told me as soon as i walked in that hed got only one pup out alive and three that were dead :no: ,apparantly there was one that was deformed blocking the way out,so i ended up with two healthy bitch pups and a bill for £601.27p. :o The vet was good without a doubt but that seems a lot of money for a simple op. :hmm:

things dont always go as planned :doh: , 3 weeks ago my bedlington whippet jumped up on my sons bed and started to give birth 4 days early,an hour and a half in, and there was a nice size bitch pup :drink: , all seemed to be going well ,an hour after that nothing!, but she was pushing hard :angry: ,i was getting worried.... 20 minutes later shes still pushing but now shes making a horrible crying noise,that was it ,i had a nurse from next door round ,and a midwife from a few doors down,on went the laytex gloves and she confirmed that there was definately a pup stuck,10 minutes later we were at the vets,he quickly gave her 2 injections that he said should give her the help she needed.We went back home,its now 6pm the pushing and crying started again :cry: and carried on for about 25 minutes,then the vet rang me and said if she hasnt pushed it out by now,shes not going to,and hes got a team standing by ready to do a cesar,back we went,she went on the table,and i sat outside in the car, for an hour and a half until the phone went ,and he said i could come and collect her,he told me as soon as i walked in that hed got only one pup out alive and three that were dead :no: ,apparantly there was one that was deformed blocking the way out,so i ended up with two healthy bitch pups and a bill for £601.27p. :o The vet was good without a doubt but that seems a lot of money for a simple op. :hmm:
jack russel had a cesarean cost £350 but she had eleven and only one died Edited by MEG
jack russel had a cesarean cost £350 but she had eleven and only one died

that sounds a fair price