stud dog?

currently have a 3/4saluki greyhound bitch which is due to break in season soon, have easy access to 3good stud dogs (a 3/4greyhound 1/4 bull, very fast pure greyhound, a small working whippet) all which would add something valuable to the pups. Was just after your views on which way you would breed? at the moment think im leaning towards the bull x ( ive seen its parents and its grandparents original greyhound used was even at same track as mine so know about the breeding and that they all worked)

Guest smashygadge

what you looking to get from the pups mark in regards quarry poss saluki bull for good game or

greyhound bull .but the whippet surely your looking at knocking size down abit good rabiters :thumbs:

i wuld use a dog thta has good feet fast and goos wind nothing to muscled up and a stedy temprement i like a clever dog who u can walk out without a leash and he knows the score etc fech dogs who pull and do your nutin 1/2 saluk type but with running sense and speed mate

is it 3/4 saluki 1/4 grey , or 1/4 saluki 3/4 grey?

my bitch is 3/4saluki 1/4greyhound. I will use the pup mainly for rabbits on the lamp, out with the ferrets and general mooching about with the terriers.

The thing is 3 of the pups are spoken for already, but i have 3 dogs already so only really got kennel space for one more so i want a cross that will appeal to others so thought the bull greyhound X saluki greyhound would be more of an all purpose hound?

collie greyhound

? you mean cover my bitch with a collie greyhound?

its just like i said have easy access to pure greyhound or 1/4 bull greyhound and i know they both good dogs

Also know the saluki dogs are more popular with the coursing lads but mine does everything i have asked of her and i just like saluki blooded dogs never been to keen on collie looking dogs. i know looks arent important but if i kennel something i like i feel more chance of getting the best out of it.

Guest hpool_hunter

ive just lost a saluki gryhound x collie greyhound - if you have a look in the post - SOLO - you will see him and pics of things he taking , in my mind , there an unreal all rounder :thumbs: , but everyone as differnt opinions and differnt experiances .

collie greyhound

its just like i said have easy access to pure greyhound or 1/4 bull greyhound and i know they both good dogs

Also know the saluki dogs are more popular with the coursing lads but mine does everything i have asked of her and i just like saluki blooded dogs never been to keen on collie looking dogs. i know looks arent important but if i kennel something i like i feel more chance of getting the best out of it.

why dont you breed it to a good coursing dog mate. :thumbs:

collie greyhound

yeah have thought about it, its just getting in touch with the right people, like i said i know the local dogs and so know what im gettin and who i can trust and who to avoid

collie greyhound

yeah have thought about it, its just getting in touch with the right people, like i said i know the local dogs and so know what im gettin and who i can trust and who to avoid

theres some good lads on here mate. and im sure that if you asked around you would find one.

collie greyhound

theres some good lads on here mate. and im sure that if you asked around you would find one.

yeah may be you right, just wanna pick right dog its first litter of lurchers bred