Thought some of you Boar hunters might be interested in the picture of a Boar spear I have just made for a client in America,

I believe he wants it for hunting Razorbacks.

It is copied from a 15th century German spear. It's hand forged from Carbon steel with a tempered edge and a spring steel

Tee piece to stop the animal traveling up the shaft.

post-10384-1219428863.gif

Edited by osage

no disrespect to you Osage.

but why order outside the country when you can get a very nice working one from Cold Steel delivered to your door about $100.

it's not going to be quite as pretty but neither will yours if they really put it to use.

oh well, thats the nice thing about this country we can still pretty much buy whatever we want and can afford w/o any explanations to the neighbors.

there's no telling why the guy ordered from the UK, but i cant fault him for it. i know people from the US that order collars and dog harnesses from over seas when there are sources in the US lol

i guess its bragging rights? sounds better if it comes from across the ocean..

only guessing though.

no disrespect to you Osage.

but why order outside the country when you can get a very nice working one from Cold Steel delivered to your door about $100.

it's not going to be quite as pretty but neither will yours if they really put it to use.

oh well, thats the nice thing about this country we can still pretty much buy whatever we want and can afford w/o any explanations to the neighbors.

I think the reasons he bought the spear from me where, All my weapons/tools have a lifetime guarantee and each one is hand forged and made to clients specs, if you buy one from cold steel you don't get much choice and they are probably mass produced in China for about $10 each.

Plus mine is prettier?.

Osage

the cold steel assegai & boar spear are produced in the states (however their machetes are made in south africa). but they are definitely NOT even close to being as pretty as yours. i guess it was kind of like asking why order a Holland & Holland double when you can get a nice Remington 700 right here. the Remington will kill them just as dead but w/o the class and elegance. i can't remember the last time i was accused of having too much class and elegance. i'm not saying it hasn't happend (it might have), i'm just saying i don't remember it.

Edited by Pops