who can carry on the legacy

Guest bigredbusa

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose those individuals that are money motivated, and have knowledge of advertising and putting themselves 'out there', are more like business men................ looking for personal gain

my hat goes off to those serious doggin lads out there.....(and I now of only a handfull)....that are not profiteering and breed exclusively to keep a good line of workers going for themselves and close friends............. these people are out there with dogs that would rival the so called 'premiers'...but never get the recognition, as they no not crave the lime light, nor the dollar.

to those men................good on ya

There are plenty of 'Charlie big bollocks' out there that will give it the platter................ but far too many are roped into the idealism that to be good....its got to have a name.....

Marketing mogules create names............... and idiots fall for it every time......

I once was bought a prada watch which fecked up after 6 months..........my wife pais 380 euors for it.......... I also have a no make - made in china special that cost me £3 from Hemswell market............... this has not lost a in minute in 16years.......................................do you get where Im coming from????????????

Guest bigredbusa
what about these people who take a proven line , have a couple of pups and claim them as there own line ?

theres a few of them sort in hampshire brb. there called messer :thumbdown:

thanks for the heads up bob , frigging fakes lol by the way anyone intrested in a brietling ? £20 ?

Guest bobsuperdog
what about these people who take a proven line , have a couple of pups and claim them as there own line ?

theres a few of them sort in hampshire brb. there called messer :thumbdown:

thanks for the heads up bob , frigging fakes lol by the way anyone intrested in a brietling ? £20 ?

if you are looking for a 1/2 from a good tight line from the hampshire dogs brb,dont get it from the chocolate dogs,they got lurcher in them [bANNED TEXT],the lines you was on about in a pm,dont throw chocolate dogs :victory:

The people breeding and working these lines worthey of the title "legacies" are less and less lightly to put themselves out in the spot light so to speak. The way society has evolved/degenerated away from running dogs, means that it will never be viewed in the same way by the majorities as in the days of Plummer etc.

Guest bigredbusa

:good: you got pm bob :unsure:

The people breeding and working these lines worthey of the title "legacies" are less and less lightly to put themselves out in the spot light so to speak. The way society has evolved/degenerated away from running dogs, means that it will never be viewed in the same way by the majorities as in the days of Plummer etc.

but some of these bullx boys are 20 years behind and claiming world beaters , i bet they have example : pie somewhere in it and claim all there breeding.

:good: you got pm bob :unsure:

but some of these bullx boys are 20 years behind and claiming world beaters , i bet they have example : pie somewhere in it and claim all there breeding.

This is very probably the case with many a lurcherman. If a young lad starts in the game now and wants to breed his "own strain"of bull cross then he has to start somewhere. Now unless he has a lot of time on his hands and is willing to start from the very begining then he is obviously going to have to start off with a line of bully X that another person has bred, how long would a person have to breed dogs using a foundation bully from another breeder before it became their own strain? .

Guest merlin

to have your own strain of running dog would be impossible alone,you would need a lot of friends with the same interest to keep/work dogs for you.as for carrying on legacies,only men who want money would put their names up.the current climate does not allow for pretension in bookform.you can hardly pretend to be out for foxpelts with your unsual coloured dog these days.i have 2 bull x's,adult and pup that are linebred to a half x from cumbria called shane.the lad linebreeds to the dog at every opportunity but does not claim a strain.dogs are worked hard,they fail they leave.i personally think the days of plummer/hancock are gone,which might not be a bad thing

Guest smashygadge

now then iam trying to breed my half, i will state half hancock collie cross.now iam intending to use that dog as the basis of my breeding.now the breed of my dog meets all my needs, and i believe in what iam doing as i have done with bulls in the past.is to keep my breed which iam happy with for aslong as possible in my family.now if these dogs started hitting the market place as in other breeds.how long would it take to be getting called a pup or dog peddler ? what person would want that type of publicity.and you see alot of abuse regards these people these days.rather than chatting about the sport. :thumbs: and what uses the dogs are acctually good 4 .

a good friend of mine has a photograph of one of his distant relatives standing outside of his old bow top wagon and a lurcher by his side,a lurcher whos blood still runs today in his and his familys dogs,i believe the photo is dated 1912.this man and his family are unknown to the running dog world but there dogs wouldnt look out of place anywhere ,will see if i can get the pic on for you all to share :victory:

Guest smashygadge
a good friend of mine has a photograph of one of his distant relatives standing outside of his old bow top wagon and a lurcher by his side,a lurcher whos blood still runs today in his and his familys dogs,i believe the photo is dated 1912.this man and his family are unknown to the running dog world but there dogs wouldnt look out of place anywhere ,will see if i can get the pic on for you all to share :victory:

i think thats the best way to keep it these days unknown :thumbs:

The real deal dogs are kept between friends, not for the nation, not for money and not for the goodline to go to messers who breed and breed rubbish time and time again, theres too many rubbish dogs out there because of people who "carry on the legacy", who wants all the attention?

The best dogs are worked more than any others out there, and are kept to themseleves out of reach from all the messers in this game. Money is never involved.

To all the lads who do this, keep at it, keep working them.