Breeding suggestions

Iv a whippet bitch here shes a great lamper 21" to shoulder i was just wondering what is a good suggestion to cover her with...? And i have a few mates badly in need of a well bred pup

And would a mating with a saluki be possible?

1. Could she hold the pups?

2. Would the saluki be able to mate her?

And pictures of stud digs would be great.....

No offence to the bull breed just tohard for the work id have for it.

Thanks.

Guest greengrass123
Dont use a saluki. Its like crossing a long distance runner and a sprinter, you end up with a dog that doesnt perform very well at either. I personally wouldnt risk mating with a saluki.

Why not use another whippet? Since she is so good, find another good lamping whippet stud.

:thumbs:

Ive got this cross , and beleive me its got the sprint capability of the whippet, and its stamina far outweighs your average whippet. As a rabbiting dog its probably the best dog ive ever owned. :big_boss:

Pups are mainly the same size regardless,Its the rate they grow at and the dams ability to cope with amount of milk required at say 4 weeks,you just have to help them alittle.Some ped whippet pups have been known to be 1lbs at birth

Edited by springfield
i would go for a greyhound mate
how about collie greyhound ?

first x whippet greyhound then put that back to a half x collie greyhound dont loose the size of the greyhound then other wise they might throw to the whippet :thumbs: i like my dogs about 24 tts for my lamping dogs

i can under stand your predicament but wey up honestly what she lacks as all dogs lack something,if you want an out and out lamp dog maybe stick we out and out running dogs as is yours,saluki,whippet, grey.saluki mix maybe a better option,if your looking for amore versatile dog more abpt at retrieving general mooching go for collie blood,i exspect mine to do everything for me retrieve shot game off water and from dence cover day or night ferret lamp you name it i coulnt get a very sighthoundy dog to do it for me,its the old adage horses for courses,hope i havent confused althe best.