net colour?

I have noticed that some people use bright yellow, pink,red ect nets does the colour of the purse ne not matter then?

as i was told to try and match the colours i .e hemp is a good autom colour white is a good snow colour

Guest silenthunter
I have noticed that some people use bright yellow, pink,red ect nets does the colour of the purse ne not matter then?

as i was told to try and match the colours i .e hemp is a good autom colour white is a good snow colour

no colour dont meen nothing mate i use green,red,yellow as well as normal hemp and i av caught rabbits dont mean nothing to the rabbit [bANNED TEXT] the old ferrets bitein at its arse happy hunting silenthunter.....

Start with pink ones and if the rabbits complane then change to a different colour,all the rabbit could see is a siloette of the net as the colour won't show from a dark hole.Try it with a bit of drain pipe with a net on the end look up it,see you can't see the colour just the net,now put a ferret up your arse and the colour don't come into it :laugh: .Bright coloured nets help you find them again mate thats all. ;)

I used to use hemp nets all the time but walking over a bury after my 14 year old i was picking up nets he had missed ,so i knitted 50 red spun nylon nets and he never leave's one lying now .if your ferrets right up the rabbits arse following it to the suruface i'm sure the colour of the nets the last thing on it's mind

I've caught rabbits in bright orange nets. It don't matter one bit to the rabbit what colour the net is and it does make it easier when picking up the nets gives you a much better chance of seeing them.

I love the new shades makes knitting nets much nicer having a bit of variation in colour.

Guest bigredbusa

that was a clever rabbit who said he was colour blind :)

i wont use them as i like traditional colours and not draw attention to myself while out as some of my ferreting is close to footpaths etc and i dont need the agro these days (unless they coming looking for it)

each to there own , for me im straight and wont use the gay rainbow nets :)

when a rabbit is coming out of a dark hole into the light the net just looks black what ever colour it is. but ive seen when there out of the hole and youve got a bright colured long net they sometimes stop before hitting the net and run along side it.

that was a clever rabbit who said he was colour blind :)

i wont use them as i like traditional colours and not draw attention to myself while out as some of my ferreting is close to footpaths etc and i dont need the agro these days (unless they coming looking for it)

each to there own , for me im straight and wont use the gay rainbow nets :)

From what I've seen on here you go looking for agro...

Guest bigredbusa

like i said , only when it comes looking for me , anyway lets try and keep this thread on track :)

talking of nets , ive been trying to order some off purpleliam of the 'bay' but cant get hold of him , anyone else use him ?

like i said , only when it comes looking for me , anyway lets try and keep this thread on track :)

talking of nets , ive been trying to order some off purpleliam of the 'bay' but cant get hold of him , anyone else use him ?

yeh bought some cheap 12 ft gate nets off him last year ,they are very good for the price (would have bought heavier nylon if i could have afforded it ) you get what you pay for , and had no problems dealing with him .