Winchester Supreme .17 HMR

I have not long broken into a box of Winchester Supreme .17 HMR V-Max, this is my normal round which my rifle shoots the best of the lot.

I fired my first shot tonight, all well and good, 20 mins later I went to fire the second, it was loaded in the chamber from the last shot and I pulled the trigger as normal. I heard a click, and I thought, Misfire, but I opened the bolt and the round had gone off and the barrel was clear, A fired round, missed the target.

I rattled the bolt and fired another, no problem, normal, fired another, and it was again silent but had fired.

All I'm assuming is that there was no powder and only the primer had gone off.

Anyone agree? And what should I do now, I would imagine its not a great Idea to keep firing them. And they keep missing obviously, so a trip back to the shop for a replacement.

Regards

SS :thumbs:

As i would say you well know mate the only danger here is if the bullet does not have the velocity to clear the barrel or jam and you don't notice this or think the round left the barrel only to load another into the breach and fire leading to a messed up barrel..............if not worse...................caution...... :thumbs:

Hi Mate. Definately a trip back to the shop, stress how dangerous this fault could be, especially to new or inexperienced shooters, ask for replacements( not from the same batch number ) :thumbdown:After a complaint like this the shop should contact their supplier and inform them of problem which they can then investigate via the batch number :victory: May be worth trying to get a few more cost free rounds from them, due to inconvenience :whistling::whistling: I had a problem with some CCI rounds about a year ago, where the heads were loose in case, and also necks were splitting i did as axplained above, after all we pay good money and we expect good product :icon_eek:

Cheers