Any New Birds On Order

jasper65

Hello All

With the new breeding season not far away has anyone ordered any new birds for 2006? seems like a few people wanting Gos's this year after most of the orders I have taken have been for them and Peregrines, the trend seems to be to take up a Imprinted Gos for flying! I must admit its not my seen but I'm all for it from a breeders point of view ;), it saves me a whole lot of worry with young birds going back with Parents and bird falling out of nests, smashing them selves up in the aviary and the food bill is less too, having said that its not normally a problem if you have some good parents birds you can trust.

Take Care Lads

Tony

piparearing4harris.jpg

Goodluck with all your breeding this year.. :good: ..

Im not ordering anything else till ive had another full season out of this harris..it's coming on well in my eye's as i can get a kill for it now just about everytime im out... 3 times a week at the moment..

As i said before i would love a gos and it's my aim in the future but from what ive experienced at the moment i need more time and knowledge before i do..

My next Bird will be hopefully a red tail female..that should present me with more of a challenge if i can handle the bird and get it going good i might..(just might) go for a gos..

Millet.

Hello millet how you're doing

Thats sound advice for anyone mate, You have to give your bird the benefit of the doubt plus after the moult this year you can get stuck into a whole season with her, First year birds normally come out different birds after the moult, they seem to have done a whole lot of growing up in their first season! she will have grown up considerably when you take her back up this year, you'll be steaming them next year mate ;).

Cheers

Tony

im having a female gos this year cant wait

Nice one mate! what are you having a male or a female, P/R or Imprint? I have 7 deposits this year for Finnish Imprints and one for a P/R bird, so far two oders for finn x german birds which will be P/R for lads round this way! I fancy a Finn x German female myself this year to be Honest! I want the smallest female in the aviary ;).

Hello All

With the new breeding season not far away has anyone ordered any new birds for 2006? seems like a few people wanting Gos's this year after most of the orders I have taken have been for them and Peregrines, the trend seems to be to take up a Imprinted Gos for flying! I must admit its not my seen but I'm all for it from a breeders point of view ;), it saves me a whole lot of worry with young birds going back with Parents and bird falling out of nests, smashing them selves up in the aviary and the food bill is less too, having said that its not normally a problem if you have some good parents birds you can trust.

Take Care Lads

Tony

piparearing4harris.jpg

Alright mate im new to the site i am currently flying a 4 yr old harris hawk i just wanted to ask a question what is the diference between the german goshawks and finnish

All the best mate

i'll be having a female definetley p r fin x german not being nosey or any thing tony what price is your females mate and will u have any spare pm me if u like mate cheers

You're not being Nosey mate in anyway.

I have a Pair of German x Finnish, the male was brought in some years ago from Germany by Steve Tolly and was wild taken, he is Cable tied and chipped, the female is a Bob Haddon bird brought in last year which is a nice size bird, I weighed her about a month ago when I pulled her out for copeing and she was 3LB 5oz's, I brough her in after the loss of the original smaller female last year, but I'm pretty sure the Proven German male will bring her in and do the buisness.

I also have a German Imprint female here which belongs to Malcolm allison, I'll be working with her this year and putting Finnish semen into her, I have the choice of two donors this year my male "BLITZ" and Chris Soans finnish male which I'll also be useing for semen, if you want any info on Chris's bird watch the video "Urban Goshawking" its not a big bird but will be good back up should I need him, Basically I have a few orders for F X G birds but only off lads I fly with down here, I'll Pm you mate.

Cheers

Tony

Alright mate im new to the site i am currently flying a 4 yr old harris hawk i just wanted to ask a question what is the diference between the german goshawks and finnish

All the best mate

Hello Stollen

Basically Finn birds are Larger than their German neighbours and generally do have a slightly easier going temperament, having said that you get what you put in so if you put the time into a German bird it should'nt turn out much different than the Finnish temperament wise. there is a slight problem in this country with big birds "Big Will Syndrome" ;), alot of lads like to walk about with these bloody great Finnish female's on their fist for a pose which is slower on the turn than a smaller female and certainly doesn't get into its stride as quick as the smaller females either, you'll certainly see the difference when a bird is grounded after a miss at a Rabbit and has to pick itself up again and take up the chase again, the smaller female will be up through the gears alot quicker in pursuit! the larger and expecially the unfit large birds look un gamely until the really get them wings rowing.

Its a different kettle of fish with the males, if you're flying the main quarry in this country like Rabbits and Gamebirds, then a Finnish male would be more handy as he is the larger of the Male gos's most often used in this country (Finnish or German), Basically big is'nt better! a good German Female flying at say 2lb 2oz's will take a Hare no problem, once she masters the technique and her confidence is sky high she'll have the beating on any Hare in fair flight, Give me a smallish female anyday or a large male! I'll get all the sport I ever want with either of these two sex's except the male is way out of his depth on Hare's! but then it would'nt bother me as Gamebirds and the odd Bunny is on my Menu ;)

Cheers

Tony

All the best mate

Hello Stollen

Basically Finn birds are Larger than their German neighbours and generally do have a slightly easier going temperament, having said that you get what you put in so if you put the time into a German bird it should'nt turn out much different than the Finnish temperament wise. there is a slight problem in this country with big birds "Big Will Syndrome" ;), alot of lads like to walk about with these bloody great Finnish female's on their fist for a pose which is slower on the turn than a smaller female and certainly doesn't get into its stride as quick as the smaller females either, you'll certainly see the difference when a bird is grounded after a miss at a Rabbit and has to pick itself up again and take up the chase again, the smaller female will be up through the gears alot quicker in pursuit! the larger and expecially the unfit large birds look un gamely until the really get them wings rowing.

Its a different kettle of fish with the males, if you're flying the main quarry in this country like Rabbits and Gamebirds, then a Finnish male would be more handy as he is the larger of the Male gos's most often used in this country (Finnish or German), Basically big is'nt better! a good German Female flying at say 2lb 2oz's will take a Hare no problem, once she masters the technique and her confidence is sky high she'll have the beating on any Hare in fair flight, Give me a smallish female anyday or a large male! I'll get all the sport I ever want with either of these two sex's except the male is way out of his depth on Hare's! but then it would'nt bother me as Gamebirds and the odd Bunny is on my Menu ;)

Cheers

Tony

Thanks mate for taking the time to answer that question :good:

Jasper hope your breeding goes well this year mate.

Malcolm Allison I bought some telemetry from him last year.

Cheers Darren :good:.

Malcolm has as good as given up for a while, although I reckon he'll be tempted back if I manage to get some youngsters off his female, I'm confident he won't be able to resist a youngster when he sees them blasting around the aviary chaseing each other ;).

Tony