The build has started...

Well as it says above, i've eventually started to build my first mews well a week ago after much where do i start wheres it gonna go and how big etc. I havent taken this lightly and have been pondering over this for the last two years spending a lot of time reading watching a few friends and tapping into their endless knowledge of BOP's and trawling through endless dvd's on training, anotomy and healthcare etc. Heres a few pics, don't look like much yet, but it's a start. Timber for the framework was delivered this afternoon so as soon as i get the last of the blocks in...maybe tomorrow (weather permiting) then the rest will fly up..pardon the pun :whistling:

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00109-1.jpg

The first row was the hardest mate!

As Daz says, hope the weather holds.

If your bird is anything like the NOISY FECKER that Daz has got I'd incorporate an escape tunnel mate for when your good lady has enough of the 2 of you!!!

you are a naughty boy A

ment to ask,

hows life in the garage with the new pup mate,or are you allowed back in the house now???

before you ask its feckin cold in my mews :rofl:

theres no rush, even if i wait till next season it's cool. Timber for the framework arrived which i cut all to size and knocked up one back frame and supports before the drizzle started :( ...i suppose if it does slightly sink then the rain will run off it better :whistling::whistling::whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, been busy these last couple of days..

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

A few little mistakes along the way to rectify..mainly where you can see the light peep through, slightly over did it with the plane :icon_redface:, will have to stick a baton behind it. All in all i'm quite happy with it at the moment and will crack on with it Monday as i'm back to work today....i ain't no bricky or chippy but it's been fairly straight forward and enjoyable, and i've also caught plenty of rays over the last few days...saying that i'm kinda missing going out with the lead scatterer but that will change after the weekend.....

• 4 weeks later...

well the door is now on and the windows fitted, roof on as well. Just another lick of paint inside & a secondary door to fit, floor to sort and general tidy up mainly the roof felt & paint the batons. Fitted a perch the length of the window that needs astro turfing and bob's your uncle...

DSC00121.jpg

cheers, hope it is. Will get some more pics of the inside after next week when some more has been done. Gonna probably open a section of the roof up after i have a season under me belt and the bird is freelofted, but then again i might extend to the full width of the garden....why is it that whatever you build be it this or for the ferts then straight after your thinking bigger....is this a guy thing?