I was driving up the M6 yesterday and as I was coming past Lancaster at 11:50 I saw 2 roe bucks having a good old battle in the middle of a grass field just 80 yards away from the edge of the road!

although I only saw them for about 5 seconds they were head to head the whole time, having a good old scrap. The weather was overcast and humid.

Has anybody else seen rut activity yet?

Mark.

Ive only seen a couple of yearlings chasing yet .I am on the trail of a large buck at the moment but as they are want to do ,it is doing my head in as ive only had a fleeting glimpse since i saw it propper .Will have to get the buttalo out soon.Good luck to all this rut .

Ive only seen a couple of yearlings chasing yet .I am on the trail of a large buck at the moment but as they are want to do ,it is doing my head in as ive only had a fleeting glimpse since i saw it propper .Will have to get the buttalo out soon.Good luck to all this rut .

Hope you get that big lad FD , interesting to see what it makes.............

I had a cracker this morning with 2 last year doe kids & he was giving a wee bit chase for 5-10mins than it stopped. He never chased again for the couple hours i sat for him.

same on one of my permissions yesterday morning seen a buck nose to arse with two does but didnt last very long never got a go at him. managed a cull buck further on though :thumbs::clapper: