The reason we are pumping it full of fluids and antibiotics is for a couple of reasons

1. not 100% if thats what it has

2. we need to try and keep her going to get a blood test and also if it dies you only have so long before you can do a post mortem....I know it sounds cruel but if it does prove positive we can warn people...if it we dont get a result it will be hear say and nobody will bother.............

All so the source could be anything from treading in Mink urine .....or from the dogs bringing it in.........

I do feel bad about keeping her alive and yes I would have her put down as she is suffering......but....if this means I can warn people and tell them and give firm evidence people will listen..........if she ant got it ........I will be classed as a cruel b*****d.......

Dont feel bad its the only way to confirm if it is adv & much take comfort in knowing the outcome could benefit other owners :thumbs:

Think id be tempted to burn everything and start fresh if the worst comes mate but if you want to keep your huts does giving them a going over with a blow torch help kill ADV?

Yeah sounds a great idea , and the ones not showing any symtoms I will shoot them as well.........then if it comes back a negative......I wont feel bad after spending god knows how many years building this line up.........

f**k it I will shoot my dogs as well......never know could be them treading in mink piss that spread it !!!!!!!!

Yeah sounds a great idea , and the ones not showing any symtoms I will shoot them as well.........then if it comes back a negative......I wont feel bad after spending god knows how many years building this line up.........

f**k it I will shoot my dogs as well......never know could be them treading in mink piss that spread it !!!!!!!!

There is a test you can do yourself for ADV (Aleutian Disease Virus) all it entails is taking a swab from the mouth of your ferrets.

Clean your cages with Virkon - it will deal with the virus.

Some ferrets can show positive with the Elisa test but that means they've been exposed to the virus but doesn't necessarily follow that they will contract the disease. If any of your ferrets show positive just make sure you never use them for breeding as it can be passed on to any kits a jill gives birth to.

Anyway good luck with your remaining ferrets. Take no notice of the clown that has advised you to shoot your ferrets.

I don't know what area you in but if it's Wessex I suggest that you contact the Wessex Ferret Club for advice, hope this helps.