bringing on a running dog

so when my pup won a simulated coarsing 2 day final when she was 5 months old what made her do it me??????????are when she won the best of the best at 10 months old of lurcherworld did i make her do that?????????sre catch her 1st rabbit at 4 months old,like i said just let them follow watch and do what they want?in reason

well you did in one way you entered the dog in the race ,with out you entering the dog it would of not run the race or won it so yes you did make the dog do it in a way .. any way i was not on about dogs running races seen meny dogs run races dont mean its going to be a good field dog just means its fastest dog in the race ,a dog that can turn ,stop and runs fast off the mark catchs more rabbits than just a fast dog .but well done to the dog for winning .at the end of the day its your dog ,you bring it on how you see fit ..but im thinking to my self ,will i be reading about how this dog died .ran over ,run into some thing, broke a leg ,blow lung ect ? or for some unknown reason its not working as good as it was when it was young now its a few years older ..we will see .i hope you prove me wrong ..learn to read your dog it will tell you when its ready try it from time to time nothing wrong with that but be ready to just call it a day and leave it for another ..you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink .. :whistling:

Edited by rob reynolds uk

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic