Hello All,

My names Richard. I'm based in Herefordshire, on the Welsh boarders.

The reason I joined is I'm soon to apply for my FAC (2 months time hopefully) and have been granted permission to shoot on 50ish acres of land in Hereford/Wales boarder area, and frankly, I don't know the first thing about sorting land permissions and FAC's, so will be looking for lots of advice for getting things done right first time!

I should let you know the last thing and only thing I've shot with a heartbeat was a robin via a .22 airgun ricochet off a coke can 22 years ago, when 11ish. I was quite distraught. :icon_redface:

I've been a member of a rifle club in London (MRPC) for 2 years, and have been shooting with Brecon Rifle Club for 5 months.

Once I'm (and my Club peers) are satisfied I'm a competent shot, I'm on a promise to keep the rabbit population down on the land I'm allowed to shoot on. I'm also interested in wildfowling, should the opportunity arise. In fact, anything that's good for the pot or oven. Also, advice on preparing game etc will come in handy too.

Being into my song birds, I wouldn't mind knocking a few Crows and Magpies out too. When still in London, I saw the Magpie population explode in the last few years, and saved the blackbirds nest in my garden on 2 occasions from raids too.

I've already joined the BASC.

Best,

Rich

Edited by dynamoio

Nice intro and looks like your going about getting into the hunting game the right way. Always nice to hear someone getting insurance and getting sorted with permission and doing the gun club round, before jumping straight in. :clapper:

Have fun reading and welcome :good:

Thanks both.

Which area of the forum is best to post for advice on FAC/SG applications?

As I've land to shoot on I was thinking .17 or .22 & .223 - So I've the option of rimmy's for bunnies and the .223 for fox and upto 5/600 yd target at the range.

As it's my first application will I get approval for use of moderators for the rimmy and or the .223? And expanding ammo? Would asking for 2 calibres or 2 cals & SG or even 3 cals & SG - be taking the mick on my first application?

Any advice people?

Cheers Gav - HermanE's just posted a similar issue to mine in that thread, so I've seconded on his his post.

Between the guys here and the clubs I shoot with sure I'll find the best way, bunnies and innocent PL14 bits of paper beware! :D