quick question on disposing

What do you do with the remains, rabbits not a drama as they are maid in to sunday hot pot, but what do u do with the crows, squirrells etc etc, i dont shoot them just because of not knowing what to do.

Oops this also my first post was so busy reading all the post to put one up.

Hi i am steve a 28 yr old squaddie down at swindon.

Just got into the world of air rifles and currently have permission to use our air field for my sunday hot pot.

Well put a order of drinks in as i'm buying.

Hi Fraggle,

well come aboard mate.

I used to be at Abingdon (3 CS Regt). That had a good airfield for shooting on, Where are you based?

Safe shooting

Commando

just down the road from there, hullavingdon [bANNED TEXT].

Oh and i forgot we lost permison on our land today (had a few beers lol)

Becarefull of civvys on airfields some one grassed us up to police even though we had permison of the station WO but as poili where involved they took our permison of us :(

Must not drink [bANNED TEXT] posting lol.

depends you could use them as bait for crows magies , rats ect or leave it in an area you no theres a fox help feed its cubs ... or if theres no time and its end of the day i put mine on the fire for burning ...

you can eat tree rat ,and pigeon ,.. i have not yet but am going to try next time i get some ...

I enjoy shooting and i enjoy drinking as well. BUT not at the same time!! :thumbdown:

Think before you pull the trigger or get behind the computer.

Safe shooting

you got me wrong [bANNED TEXT] , we wernt drinking and shooting, i had a few beers last night and forgot that we lost our permision, was due to a civvy complaint. its a long story but the civy called the police who then called our station officer who changed his mind and removed our access. the civvy saw a man in uniform talking to us, then we jumped in our car and left. what the civvy didnt know it was our [bANNED TEXT] who ccame down to have a chat with us, and it was late so we sacked it for the day. but oh well.

What do you do with the remains, rabbits not a drama as they are maid in to sunday hot pot, but what do u do with the crows, squirrells etc etc, i dont shoot them just because of not knowing what to do.

Oops this also my first post was so busy reading all the post to put one up.

Hi i am steve a 28 yr old squaddie down at swindon.

Just got into the world of air rifles and currently have permission to use our air field for my sunday hot pot.

Well put a order of drinks in as i'm buying.

Firstly welcome to the forum Steve.

When it comes to controlling birds, it might be worth reading and digesting this thread on the legalities and requirements of such an endeavour. It's outlines methods and disposal also.

Grey squirrels are an introduced species, and as such can be taken at any time of the year. Red squirrels are protected. One will earn you a round of applause and the other could see you in a courtroom facing a fine and/or prison sentence! :D

Preferred method of disposal is burn or bury. I've always used the incinerator, at work, as that's what we do. But I'm sure someone here could outline the requirements for burial which is the best practice.

Finally, read as much as you can, from our many quality threads and posts, about pest control. You might be able to present your learning and regain your permission to shoot. Maybe even secure more permission in the surrounding area.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you get on!

Regards

Chris