airgun advice please

i seem to all of a sudden had a vermin problem, being pigeon, magpie and crow, the crows especially as for some reson they like to attack and shit on my car, now i could have a garage built but i think an airgun is a far cheaper and satisfactory option :gunsmilie: dont want no starter kit though, i hav upto £700 to spend so any advice on what gun and kit would be great

atb

sean

i seem to all of a sudden had a vermin problem, being pigeon, magpie and crow, the crows especially as for some reson they like to attack and shit on my car, now i could have a garage built but i think an airgun is a far cheaper and satisfactory option :gunsmilie: dont want no starter kit though, i hav upto £700 to spend so any advice on what gun and kit would be great

atb

sean

have you any knowledge/experience???

dont want to start throwing jargon at you that you don't understand!!!

and you need to be familiar with the LAW before you start.

have a look at the pinned topics at the top of the page....these will help a lot.

as for gun choice.................world is you oyster!!!!!

look forward to hearing from you soon

regards

sean

atb

sean

have a look at the pinned topics at the top of the page....these will help a lot.

atb

sean

regards

sean

thanks for getting back sean, have just read the pinned topics, very interesting, i live out in the boonies so i should think anything i take out in my garden a local farmer will be most happy about, i think health and safety would be as good a reason for the action i wish to take, as for knowledge! not a lot i'm afraid when it comes to air guns, though am familiar with the manufactuer "Air Arms" so yep hit me with some info/advice please sean on where to go from here

Edited by ChrisJones
Fixed Quotes

atb

sean

thanks for getting back sean, have just read the pinned topics, very interesting, i live out in the boonies so i should think anything i take out in my garden a local farmer will be most happy about, i think health and safety would be as good a reason for the action i wish to take, as for knowledge! not a lot i'm afraid when it comes to air guns, though am familiar with the manufactuer "Air Arms" so yep hit me with some info/advice please sean on where to go from here

atb

sean

regards

sean

doh! for some reason my reply has ended up in the middle of the qoute.

If you're looking in the £700 range, you'll almost definitely want a PCP (air capsule) repeater (revolving magazine). I'll leave it up to the others to advise on which one to go for, however with the quarry you're after make sure it's silenced and has a good quality scope.

right...............

with your budget you will be able to get a multi-shot pcp.

don't forget you will need a pump or divers bottle to go with it.

bsa,logun.air arms, weihrauch..............up to you really.

best advice is to get down to your local gun shop.

try whatever you can ............different guns suit different people, its got to feel right !!!!

don't rule out a decent spring rifle either..................depends on your needs.

have a look round mate see whats good,bad or ugly.

stick your findings up on here and we will advise accordingly.

you'll always get an honest answer on here.

good luck and keep us posted

regards

sean

googled a search and came up with www.gunshot.co.uk they are not far from me in park street just outside st. albans, so will be taking a drive over on friday, now so i dont look stupid when i go in there whats the difference between .177 and .22 is it that one comes under licence and the other not. if so which one is which, and dont stitch mme up either lol

sean

177 is smaller and i flies flatter, can reach bigger distances than 22

22 is bigger and has more inpact than 177.

it is the power of the gun that determines whether or not you need a license.

i think i am right but im quite new to all this also

.177 and .22 refers to the calibre of the gun in inches.

the legal limit for an air rifle not requiring a licence is 12ft/lbs.

i think it may be advisable for you to do a bit more research before you buy a rilfle.

they are to be treat as any firearm.............safety first every time.

it isn't a simple case of buy a gun and go shoot it !!! you MUST know the basic principals behind the trajectory/range of your ammo.........if you dont know where its going.......where will it go????

theres the LAW to consider as well as what you can and cant shoot and where!!!!!!! ( have alook at the shooting in back garden topic running at the moment)click below.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=54862

have search through this forum you'll find most questions have been asked and answered before.

all the best

sean