how to get started

it is not easy getting permission mate but start with landowners and farmers just offering a bit of ratting etc til they get to know you a bit before you ask for digging as most will say no to that if you ask outright .be prepared to travel about as it is not eas to come by and most places are already sewn up.when/if you do get some respect the landowners property ie fences stock crops etc and alwasys be polite and courteous it will help.good luck

hi there, i've just got my first terrier and hopfully i would like to start digging

with him, how do i go about getting permission for digging and any other info needed

would be great, cheers :victory:

try geting out with some digging lads around you theyl start you off.then try get to know what landowners are all right then ask them for permission if you get some look after your earths backfill them right think of next season.

Guest silenthunter
hi there, i've just got my first terrier and hopfully i would like to start digging

with him, how do i go about getting permission for digging and any other info needed

what i did to get my permission was go to as many landowners,farmers,gamekeepers go and see the landowner in person say i am willing to control your vermin/pred/pests if he says he is not willing to let you digg say can i cum onto your land to do ratting or bushing for foxes if he says yes u are 85% there go onto their respect boundarys livestock always close gates behind you and after he sees that you respect him and his land ask him again and 9 * out of 10 he will say yes thats the way i did it now i have 13 farms on my permission. just done good job farmers friends asked for terrier man the farmer said yeah i no some 1 gave them my number and its just grown over the years please bear with it i no its horrible when u get told sorry mate no chance there is always a farmer/landowner out their lookin for terrier men to control their vermin/pred/pests for them happy hunting silenthunter...

what i did to get my permission was go to as many landowners,farmers,gamekeepers go and see the landowner in person say i am willing to control your vermin/pred/pests if he says he is not willing to let you digg say can i cum onto your land to do ratting or bushing for foxes if he says yes u are 85% there go onto their respect boundarys livestock always close gates behind you and after he sees that you respect him and his land ask him again and 9 * out of 10 he will say yes thats the way i did it now i have 13 farms on my permission. just done good job farmers friends asked for terrier man the farmer said yeah i no some 1 gave them my number and its just grown over the years please bear with it i no its horrible when u get told sorry mate no chance there is always a farmer/landowner out their lookin for terrier men to control their vermin/pred/pests for them happy hunting silenthunter...

thanks for the advice i am going to stick with it as you say and try get as much ratting as possible

again thanks a lot, it's a hard game to get into! :victory: