Scottish GameFair 6th July

Thanks for the compliment re: the Neilston show!! thats my club and we do take a lot of time over it!! as for noting our members not winning class's at our show that's because we only enter the members class!! ( that's just one of our rules, and every individual clubs choice, its neither right or wrong) and thats a wee compitition between ourselves As for suggesting there is any fixing of a show at Scone, that is still fundamentally wrong and flawed!! Its the impartial judge on the day who decides the winners not! the club or its members As for workers in the show at Scone, The lads from my club at Neilston attend, real working dog enthusiasts from Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, Ayrshire and throughout the rest of Scotland attend and will continue to do so in support of the working terrier men from Fife At the F & K 25th anniversary show at Scone it was a lad from Northern Ireland that won the Jock Reid memorial trophy and he was'nt a known face, just a richly deserving winner who beat allcomers,

Tom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boysfaetheblackstuff
Thanks for the compliment re: the Neilston show!! thats my club and we do take a lot of time over it!! as for noting our members not winning class's at our show that's because we only enter the members class!! ( that's just one of our rules, and every individual clubs choice, its neither right or wrong) and thats a wee compitition between ourselves As for suggesting there is any fixing of a show at Scone, that is still fundamentally wrong and flawed!! Its the impartial judge on the day who decides the winners not! the club or its members As for workers in the show at Scone, The lads from my club at Neilston attend, real working dog enthusiasts from Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, Ayrshire and throughout the rest of Scotland attend and will continue to do so in support of the working terrier men from Fife At the F & K 25th anniversary show at Scone it was a lad from Northern Ireland that won the Jock Reid memorial trophy and he was'nt a known face, just a richly deserving winner who beat allcomers,

Tom

no offence tom but fair play to the winner .. but in ant any doubt was he or she any relation to the recent jock reid .....ie sister ,, daughter . neice.. any connection......................... a beg to differ...... p.s a think there was blood related mate ,,, and it was a FIX.... :yes::icon_eek:

Tom

Theres definately a bias when it comes to the money end of the show at scone its very seldom it goes outwith the members...if it goes to an "unknown face" you can bet theres a connection to someone from the club,

Feck me!! this is now sounding like sour grapes and bad losers :thumbdown: loads of show's judges, and clubs have there critics and God knows I'm the first to jump in and have a pop when its due!! but in my opinion this is'nt deservered I know these lads and their club and what you describe is bollocks and definately not their style, As I said before I'll be attending with enthusiasm along with mates, and other working dog owners as, its a good show and deserves our time and support

Tom

Ps:

This is my last post on the matter as its now decending into my club/show is better than yours, especially when we all have the same aims!!

Edited by Foxgun Tom

Just for the record, I judged at Scone a couple years back and there were NO members in the final line up. I haven't been for a while but each time I have, the winner has been from outside the club. The lads who run this show are extremely dedicated and put time in throughout the summer, not just for one show a year. Sometimes the results aren't to everyone's liking but calling the show a fix isn't right.

Stevie

BEST OF LUCK TOO ONE AND ALL AND WHO SHOW THERE TERRIERS AT SCONE PALACE,,,,,,,, :big_boss: NO DISRESPECT BUT HOPE IT GETS A FAIR JUDGE.... AND MAY THE BEST LOOKING WORKING TERRIER WON THE SHOW..... :thumbs:

fair play to that then.. but just hope sumbody gets a crack at the whip :yes: and they dont make a c**t of ther self as what they did last year :icon_redface:

fair play to that then.. but just hope sumbody gets a crack at the whip :yes: and they dont make a c**t of ther self as what they did last year :icon_redface:
Terrier show starts at 13:00 usual prize money £150 BIS £150 BPIS & £50 for reserves. also excellent prizes

is it going to be a fix this year AGAIN.?

who cares who wins or loses its not the winning that counts its the taking part just being there in amongst your own kind of folk talking dogs and enjoying the show/fair is all that counts in my book its the judges decision and thats final :yes:
Terrier show starts at 13:00 usual prize money £150 BIS £150 BPIS & £50 for reserves. also excellent prizes

is it going to be a fix this year AGAIN.?

who cares who wins or loses its not the winning that counts its the taking part just being there in amongst your own kind of folk talking dogs and enjoying the show/fair is all that counts in my book its the judges decision and thats final :yes:

let the dogs do all the winning BELOW ground :tongue2: ... and a a say may the best lookin WORKING terrier at LESAST.. get a second look... all the best to who show there dogs on the day... :victory: