Varnishes,whippings,rod-rings and reel-seat.

Joe phoned me yesterday,he has just splashed-out some coin on a rod-blank,top quality rings,reel-seat etc,he is bringing it over tonight and I am going to finish it for him with the proviso that I can use it once in a while for a bit of theraputic fluff-chucking :victory: Nothing quite beats making something like a rod for yourself and catching a fish or two on it :victory: Any of you ever finished a blank off?Or does everyone prefer to buy a ready-made rod nowadays? :hmm:

post-1930-1213087121_thumb.jpg

post-1930-1213087133_thumb.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever used a struble locking reel-seat?Composite cork butt? :icon_eek: I made a boat rod before,but this is uncharted territory,I dont want to make a cock-up with someone elses blank or fixings :icon_eek:

Well,JOE is bringing it around tonight,hope I dont make a f**K-up of it,I always find it gratifying to catch a plastic-bag full of fish with something I cobbled-together myself :angel:

He was nattering on last week about getting something for bass,so I guess its a Sage Xi2 saltwater blank,I have found an excellent step-by-step walk-through guide to completing a blank from start to finish by a guy called Bob Widgren so its almost green for go as soon as the package is delivered :victory:

M. I fished a 10 weight Reddinton travel rod at Hartlepool last year and managed to winkle out a bass or two just South of Seaton Carew. Good fishing just had to be careful you didnt get taxed by the local shell suit brigade ( hoodies not got that far north yet )

Regards Chess, Tight Line

Fu**ing hell,I used to hate Hartlepool,Seaton Carew is better but only just,we used to go camping at trimdon dene,happy days :victory: Joe brought his "Rod" round last night,there seems to have been a mix-up in communication or orders :icon_eek::wallbash: I will put up a pic later,not QUITE what I was expecting :icon_eek: But our little fishing jaunt last night lightened the evening,I am suffering the effects of it now though :cry::no:

Well Chess,I aint got a clue about this mate,I mean,you place an order with a reputable fishing-tackle supplier and you expect to get your order right?I opened the parcel,wheres the f***ing blank?Reel-seat?Cork-butt?And what the f**k is this :icon_eek: Well,you can almost sense my disappointment at the mix-up in the orders :thumbdown: Oh well,I am always one to make the best of a bad situation,I suppose I can still salvage something from this cock-up :hmm: I just have to remind Joe that he shouldnt set this net across an estuary,or worse still across a river slightly upstream when anadromous fish are running :no: It would be terrible if a salmon or sea-trout was accidentally caught :no:

I just hope the other three rods he ordered this morning arent mixed up on dispatch either :o:doh:

post-1930-1213195853_thumb.jpg

post-1930-1213195876_thumb.jpg

Crickey :icon_eek: Looks like a parachute to me mate never mind 6ml polypropylene and 4" gill netting :icon_eek: Why on earth would someone send you that :icon_eek: Ask for your money back if i was you, if they refuse i know a good lawyer, wiil accept fresh trout as payment :icon_redface:

Doesnt look like any canopy I would like to see billow open above me Chess,but if you like i will pack it for you :icon_eek: No mate,I am the grin and bear it type,typical brit stoicism,besides I dont want to cause a fuss,I saw a net of this type on TV once :hmm: I am sure if I remember how its supposed to look I can hang this one in an approximation of the TV image :hmm: I just hope the saltwater fly rods ordered this morning arent ballsed-up :no: This sort of thing could give people the wrong idea about sport fishing :no:

Oh yeah,good guess on the mesh Chess,not quite right though,and its not polypropylene,its 4.5 float-line :whistling:

I am just wondering what to do with my cork-butt Rex,where am I going to stick it? :no:

Guest friedrice
Well Chess,I aint got a clue about this mate,I mean,you place an order with a reputable fishing-tackle supplier and you expect to get your order right?I opened the parcel,wheres the f***ing blank?Reel-seat?Cork-butt?And what the f**k is this :icon_eek: Well,you can almost sense my disappointment at the mix-up in the orders :thumbdown: Oh well,I am always one to make the best of a bad situation,I suppose I can still salvage something from this cock-up :hmm: I just have to remind Joe that he shouldnt set this net across an estuary,or worse still across a river slightly upstream when anadromous fish are running :no: It would be terrible if a salmon or sea-trout was accidentally caught :no:

I just hope the other three rods he ordered this morning arent mixed up on dispatch either :o:doh:

:clapper::clapper::clapper: ,cant see no rod rings there mackem. get on to them they're doing you mate :clapper: