need some help, my lurcher bitch has a cut on the inside of her back leg

the vet put 10 stiches in it and the bitch has managed to pull the stiches out,

its not infected it does not seem to bother her but its got me worried.

post-8420-1212610446_thumb.jpg

I'd say get her back to the vet. Until then keep it moist and sterile and don't let it dry out.

If all else fails take some super glue and tack it back together, keeping the flesh to the inside. Make sure you leave a weep hole at the bottom for drainage and mabe wrap the leg in something to keep her out of it. I've done the fix on dogs and sheep with success.

I'd say get her back to the vet. Until then keep it moist and sterile and don't let it dry out.

If all else fails take some super glue and tack it back together, keeping the flesh to the inside. Make sure you leave a weep hole at the bottom for drainage and mabe wrap the leg in something to keep her out of it. I've done the fix on dogs and sheep with success.

thanks for the replie, its just the skin thats cut, vet said it should heal on its own but it will take time. its been a week since she got the cut, i will get her back to the vet tommorow, if he dosent suggest somthing positive i will go to another vet for a second opinion.

thanks for the replie, its just the skin thats cut, vet said it should heal on its own but it will take time. its been a week since she got the cut, i will get her back to the vet tommorow, if he dosent suggest somthing positive i will go to another vet for a second opinion.

Hi

I bought some staples of this site and these would have done the job great with looking at the cut I would suggest that you gets some asp and just stapel wound together then salt water and then will heal ok as with the open wound it will take longer to heal and also more likely to get infected with looking at the wound.

cheers

KIPO

Sterile Skin Staple Guns

£2.50 each

Rabbiter on this site

this is for thirty five £15 in some outlets /

kipo

got some staples never used them before,any advice on using them would be helpfull, how will dog react is it painfull.

Super glue is good but if your going to the vet let him take a look first, super glue it first and he will probably charge you extra, like Clancy says "if all else fails"!! Good thing super glue, have used it on myself a few times, if its ok for me, ok for my live stock.

Am sure all will be OK.

Let us know the out come.

It needs debrided, re-stitched and some more antibiotics.

It's too big for superglue and the edges of the wound need cleaned up, so need a general anaesthetic for that

Full thickness skin - it will take a long time to granulate

Get her back to the vet

Staples OK for small, clean wounds but that one is too angry looking to do yourself

Jim

Edited by jim tait
It needs debrided, re-stitched and some more antibiotics.

It's too big for superglue and the edges of the wound need cleaned up, so need a general anaesthetic for that

Full thickness skin - it will take a long time to granulate

Get her back to the vet

Staples OK for small, clean wounds but that one is too angry looking to do yourself

Jim

been to the vet, it has started to granulate and is looking better, just have to keep her on the lead for a week or two.

thanks for all the replies, my mrs made a cotton legging to keep it clean and stop her from worrying the cut,

used aloe vera gel to keep it moist very pleased with the result. :D :D

did you get it restitched or carry on with aloe vera

thanks for all the replies, my mrs made a cotton legging to keep it clean and stop her from worrying the cut,

it was not restiched, when i took her back to the vet the cut had started to granulate, as there was no infection

the vets advice was to keep it clean and moist and use the aloe gel.

it was not restiched, when i took her back to the vet the cut had started to granulate, as there was no infection

the vets advice was to keep it clean and moist and use the aloe gel.

you done a good job there :thumbs: you cant ask for a better result than that in 2 weeks i will look in to getting some aloe gel if thats the result :thumbs: