dive bottles test

hey all iv just bin offered a 12 ltr dive bottle for filling my rifle but it's just out of test so i was wondering how much it would cost to get it tested?

There is a risk in buying a dive bottle out of test. If it fails the test you don't get it back. It's chopped in half, they return (if asked) the boot and pillar valve and you still pay for the privilege.

My advice would be to ask the vendor to have the bottle tested and if it passes you will then pay what he wanted for the untested bottle plus the cost of the test. This way the vendor takes the risk.

Advice based on many (wife says too many) years as diver / instructor

HTH

You didn't say which test it was out off. If its the hydrostatic test then your looking at alot more money, this has to be done every 5 years check the cert on the dive bottle to see the month and year..................SS. :gunsmilie:

Hi.

I took a bottle to Colchester dive centre just over three years ago and paid approx £27. Told them it was for airgun use.

Went to Adventures in diving in Chelmsford for a refill and found them friendlier and more helpful and they told me certificate should have been granted for five years.

I don't know what test intervals are now but will find out soon.

Cheers folks-Bryan.

dom you lot think that its finacialy feasable to have a bottle? i know it depends on how much you use your gun but all these tests and stuff just doesnt seem worth it, whats these stirrup pumps like? ive been looking at a few, i have an aas410 and i just take mine to the gun shop whenever it is looking a bit low,

dom you lot think that its finacialy feasable to have a bottle? i know it depends on how much you use your gun but all these tests and stuff just doesnt seem worth it, whats these stirrup pumps like? ive been looking at a few, i have an aas410 and i just take mine to the gun shop whenever it is looking a bit low,

pumps are fine if your only charging now and again.

but, once youv'e had a bottle, you soon realise how much quicker and easier it is.

i personally have both....................in case either packs in..................you know sods law and all that!!

cheers

sean

hey peeps thanks for all the info .iv decided not to have it as i can get a new pump for just over ton

so i wont have to pay for the refill .plus im only filling a little bottle or my rifle .so it want be to hard . :icon_eek::icon_eek: me thinks

.m

hey peeps thanks for all the info .iv decided not to have it as i can get a new pump for just over ton

so i wont have to pay for the refill .plus im only filling a little bottle or my rifle .so it want be to hard . :icon_eek::icon_eek: me thinks

.m

well its upto you mate i have a stadard cylinder on my brocock and it averages out to 1 pump for every shot and trust the end of the pumping for say the last 30 bar its very hard going