as a hunter I can say that signing on the pru was one of the worst decisions of my life..as a man I can say it was the best..It is what you make it..But putting in the miles is not something enjoyable weekend after weekend therefore I am a camprat and tend to live in the block until leave beckons me to cumbria once more..Fortunately I have been welcomed into the circle of a group of extremely genuine southern hunters who have made being away from home not such a drag...It has been my fortune to meet this family and I hope one day to be able to return a tenth of the kindness they have shown me!!! :notworthy::clapper:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am basically after some info from past or present soldiers.First of all how does the army life fit in with hunting life? Are you able to go out as much as people in regular jobs or is time spent out in the field rare and far between? This may seem like a stupid question but do you have to live in a base all the time apart from when you have leave? Anyone who could give general info about army life it would be much appreciated :notworthy:

Like most the lads here say - after basic and phase 2 your time is your own, do want you want just dont break the law or you get the redcaps on you. Best time of your life, I done 3 years and would go back in a shot. The mates you make are great and who doesn't want to go out and play soldiers now and again.

HI , DID 7 YEARS IN ROYAL MARINES, HAD SOME GOOD TIMES, A HARD LIFE BUT THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT .

THERE WERE A FEW DOG LADS IN THE MARINES AND THEY WERE ALL FROM WALES :gunsmilie:

THERES NO REASON YOU CANT KEEP HUNTING AS LONG AS YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO LOOK AFTER THE DOGS WHEN YOUR AWAY FOR SIX MONTHS DEPLOYMENT CHEERS LADS :victory:

Thanks everyone, I didnt think I would get so much info :clapper:

As with every job there are some aspects of the army that would definitely attract me and others that put me of such as being posted far from home. I still have 1 year to do at school and then Il see what happens :notworthy:

HI , DID 7 YEARS IN ROYAL MARINES, HAD SOME GOOD TIMES, A HARD LIFE BUT THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT .

THERE WERE A FEW DOG LADS IN THE MARINES AND THEY WERE ALL FROM WALES :gunsmilie:

THERES NO REASON YOU CANT KEEP HUNTING AS LONG AS YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO LOOK AFTER THE DOGS WHEN YOUR AWAY FOR SIX MONTHS DEPLOYMENT CHEERS LADS :victory:

DID YOU THINK IT WAS HOOFING GOING TO THE GALLEY TO GET SOME SCRAN AND A HOT WET AFTER A GOOD YOMP????? :clapper::notworthy:

I bet you like your sailing pal, or snowboarding ..all booties love it dont they???