working parents v show parents

we have six ferrets one of them was give us and use to be a pet. but we put him in with the others and he was fine

he was a little over weight but cut his food down a little and got him out working and he works fine just like the others.

the six ferret we got my sister found on her door steap one morning :icon_eek: it was a very skinny jill

i asked around the area and it wasnt anyones close by so i have it here now :clapper:

she has put weight on now and is in good shape. she has a long body which ive never seen before i bet she will be a good worker but wont no till the strt of the season so im really looking forward to this years ferreting :boogie:

there is only one way to breed a worker and that is to breed worker to worker so that you keep the hunting gene

There isn't a 'hunting gene' any more than there's a 'rugby playing' gene or a 'bullshitting' gene in humans..... :laugh::laugh:

there is only one way to breed a worker and that is to breed worker to worker so that you keep the hunting gene

There isn't a 'hunting gene' any more than there's a 'rugby playing' gene or a 'bullshitting' gene in humans..... :laugh::laugh:

you really are a silly little pet owner arnt you ..........

Not so silly as to suggest there's a 'hunting gene'.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

not so silly that 2 seconds googling produced this ... read towards the bottom ........

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/...40521072934.htm

Presumably the lack of an update since 2004 means that the 'expected' uncovering of genes responsible for behaviour hasn't happened.

Quite possibly because they weren't there.

4 years is quite long enough for the relevent DNA analysis..... :laugh:

Guest Magwitch
Not so silly as to suggest there's a 'hunting gene'.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

not so silly that 2 seconds googling produced this ... read towards the bottom ........

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/...40521072934.htm

Presumably the lack of an update since 2004 means that the 'expected' uncovering of genes responsible for behaviour hasn't happened.

Quite possibly because they weren't there.

4 years is quite long enough for the relevent DNA analysis..... :laugh:

My thoughts exactly :wacko:

i agree , seems some people just like to argue the toss

Not at all.

Someone makes a statement or posts a link, I think it's reasonable to assume they understand what they're posting.

Edited by droid
i agree , seems some people just like to argue the toss

Not at all.

Someone makes a statement or posts a link, I think it's reasonable to assume they know about what they're posting.

i do know about what i am posting i just have no inclination and quite frankly cant be bothered to try and educate somebody like you .... no matter how much conclusive proof i put in front of you, you will find one word out of the whole post to try and dispute the obviouse facts ... to be honest i dont really care what you think ... you keep breeding off your show shit overweight ferrets and i will breed off my lean fit working stock and never the twain shall meet ..............

In which case you might understand the difference between 'expecting to find' a behavioural gene, and 'have found' one.

So sadly, no 'conclusive proof'.

'Obviouse facts'? only if you really don't understand how science research works.

No shame in that, but maybe not throwing the dummy out might help you think more clearly.

And I'm not a 'show breeder'. Yet another assumption you make about someone you know nowt about.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

my mate works ferrets very successfully i might add and everyone is a rescued ferret so i think on this one i must agree with droid,its instinct for a ferret to hunt.