just got back in

Went out shooting at about 7pm, thought i would have a walk round a few boundaries and shoot a bit of ferret food.

All going well and shot a couple of rabbits.

On the way back to the van on the last farm and i lose my fecking dog, the teckel cross, she has an habit of deafing you out and getting her nose down, but after an hour and half of searching the hedges and wood where i had been i should have found her, longest she has evre been gone is about 10 minutes.........i was thinking has she gone to earth? is she caught in a fox snare? etc.......

it was getting dark.....i didn't have my mobile and had no torch......so i decided to go back to the car, drive home, ring the farmer and everyone i knew in the area, get my lamp and go back.

As i get to the field next to the road where my vans parked..............she is sat under the van at the side of the road :D relief ....i had dreaded the conversation at home with the kids if i had lost the dog :cry:

good news mate..........................wondered if there was a happy ending !!!!!!!!!!!!!

your dog was probably thinking same as you...( wheres that daft bugger got to now)!!!!

nice one compo

regards

sean

i went coursing with a mate and his dog years ago and it vanished on a hare. We searched for hours and got piss wet through, eventually went back tothe van and the f**king thing was asleep on the front seat!!! The drivers window was open about 6 inches, no more than that, and it wasnt a small dog. Still got no idea how he got in! :blink:

My dog is a complete waste of space, he’s a pet, no use as a gun dog at all, but he’s one of those dog’s you just can’t resist.

Take him for a walk, he puts up a rabbit and chases the bloody thing out of sight. One evening recently he goes missing for two or more hours, I’ve been everywhere looking for him and by now it's dark, my throat is sore with shouting. I return home in tears, and I’m not ashamed of that. I tell the wife what’s happened and she says ‘have a look in your chair’ this is what I found and I just hugged the b*s*ard.

katie_12.jpg