Woodham Ferrers & Bicknacre Terrier, Lurcher & Ferret Show

Hi all

I'm a newbie on this site and have stolen the opportunity to write about our show. We started our show up to support the countryside when the hunting ban was really gaining momentum... Just wondered if anyone had ever been? We love to have feedback so we can make improvements each year, so if anyone's got anything to say about it, I'd be pleased to hear from you!

Happy Hunting!

PS - If anyone's interested, this year's show is the 12th July 2008

Hi all

I'm a newbie on this site and have stolen the opportunity to write about our show. We started our show up to support the countryside when the hunting ban was really gaining momentum... Just wondered if anyone had ever been? We love to have feedback so we can make improvements each year, so if anyone's got anything to say about it, I'd be pleased to hear from you!

Happy Hunting!

hi lucy :welcomeani:

were is the show

davy

Hi all

Happy Hunting!

were is the show

davy

Hi there, It's Lodge Road Playing Field, Lodge Road, Woodham Ferrers, Near Chelmsford in Essex CM3 4HL. Judging starts at 11am...

Hope you can make it - do you want directions?

Hi all

Happy Hunting!

were is the show

davy

Hi there, It's Lodge Road Playing Field, Lodge Road, Woodham Ferrers, Near Chelmsford in Essex CM3 4HL. Judging starts at 11am...

tanks lucy will make a note of this & check my diary dont need directions just post code & date.is there a web site

many tanks

davy

Hi all

Happy Hunting!

were is the show

davy

tanks lucy will make a note of this & check my diary dont need directions just post code & date.is there a web site

many tanks

davy

Yep - there is a website, www.wfandbdogshow.co.uk It needs updating though and the person that does it for us does it for free in return for an advert, so not all the pictures are on there yet... I'm gonna have a word and see if he can do some updates cos other people are asking too!

Hope to see you there

Hi all

Happy Hunting!

is ther any terrier racing?

Hi all

Happy Hunting!

is ther any terrier racing?

Hi there, one of our organisers is "owned a favour" by a chippy, so he's asked him to build a trap. If racing does go ahead, this will be the first year we've done it, so it won't be serious stuff. If it goes well, we hope to do it more seriously in the future. At the moment though, the showing is the thing at the show - we've got qualifiers for Chatsworth, NWTF, Bull Cross, East Anglian, Welsh Valleys, Scottish, EDRD, Hartington Wakes, etc

Have you got any advice, or tricks of the trade in organising the terrier/lurcher racing?!!

hi, my very good friend runs the ACES days, he would be more than happy bring the kit down and run the racing.

i would also put an add for the on the events and game fairs page for your show.

all the best

rob,

seems like a grand gesture,all i say with the racing is make sure its long enough,been to some shows where its over in a flash and doesn t give the dogs much of a run, always a good bit of fun at a show!