parsons russell

I THOURGHT A PARSONS WAS 90% WHITE WITH BROWN 10%..

A FELLOW DOWN THE ROAD SAYS HIS IS A PARSON AND HIS IS 90% BROWN...

I DONT THINK ITS EASY TO TELL A REAL PARSON NOWADAYS AS THERES THAT MANY TYPES..

IM NOT A GREAT TERRIER MAN AND MAY BE MISTAKEN

I always thought the Parsons Russell (below) was pretty close to the original breed , long legged so able to keep up with the hounds/horses, yet small enough to go to ground.

parson_russell.jpg

Whereas the (English) Jack Russell is short legged and bred to kill its quarry rather than bay.

Either way I think the Parsons russell was a name invented by the american kennel club to allow KC registration for the breed in the early 2000s.

Jack%20Russell%20Terrier.jpg

Clearly, I have no idea.

Edited by heatmeiser

"ORIGINAL" Jack russell??? B.S.

The "parson" type was taken from people like Eddy chapman and Dai Jones and made into a kennel club show dog!

That is it. That Type, be it registered or not is a lakeland influence type as the original leggy Heinman/Russell (original) now so watered down now you would consider it extinct.

The "common or garden" veriety of Russell found in most council estates, bought from farmers or equestrians that are prick eared, bent legged over or wrongly coloured timid little "bog rats" (that's a good phrase Mr Hickling) have Cihuaua blood and corgi to name a few, bred for the fad of "tea cup" terriers, (fireside fanny lickers)

The true Russell type today has in its make up -generic white terrier, lakeland (some have fell like mine do) bull, and some border too! and if anyone says different they are deluded idealists. I think Chris could also add to this if your watching mate.

Handy looking dog but for that money you would want a trial but theres never a trial with such a young dog you should get him down a bit but you could be buyin a tried dog yes some twats do try em that young! sure who would rear a dog too 11mths a get shut of them not alot of people!

i, thats what i was thinking, something aint right there. i wouldnt chance it.