warm weather and kitts

What happens in the wild, with feral ferret colonies where there isn't a tame human to seperate out the hob?

Good to see someone not just following the herd.

Excellent pictures, stubby :clapper:

Guest Magwitch
What happens in the wild, with feral ferret colonies where there isn't a tame human to seperate out the hob?

Good to see someone not just following the herd.

Excellent pictures, stubby :clapper:

Well the hob probably goes off in search of more fanny :laugh:

Well Stubby they all look totally relaxed & its certainly something to debate in the future , i think theres basically a lack off information out there about this type of ''family unit'' simply because no ones ever chanced leaving in the hobs & people have always sperated there ferrets

Certainly all look happy & content to me :thumbs:

kay this is nothing new .... i have left hobs in with the jills plenty of times and i know many people that have done this and still do ..........

you have done this when the jill has young kits ,how has it worked out for you?

there has been no probs but i only keep a nice teady type of ferret and they have plentyof room ... if i had any doubts then i would not do it but all my ferrets get on well so there is no probs ... you generally find that the jills are the bosses anyway ............

have today taken down the cat hammock, in her bid to find somewhere outside/cool she had got the stiching apart and had placed two kitts INSIDE the fleece, luckerly I spotted what she was up too, and removed the kitts and took down the hammock, have placed one of the large sleeping boxes in the outside run, without the lid, and they are doing fine once again, still 12 kitts, no losses :thumbs: