hi just what to no in your opinion who breeds the best patterdales be it here in ireland or in england :whistling:

I'll probably get reamed but the BEST Patterdales are.............the ones from the U.K. no doubt :notworthy: .There are plenty of good ones that are offspring of them,but the best of them,are the ones who came form the country/countries of their origins

craig

Ireland would probly have the best not just saying that because im from ireland but just that iv seen some serious irish patts over here and if the english patts can top them then il eat my hat but alot of the english lines go back to irish so they say! :victory:

It's true that is now and the English Wheatons are better than the Irish ones :wallbash:

Never witnessed Patterdales in Ireland but have witnessed them in the Midlands,County Durham and Scotland. For a wee dog it has some heart and couldn't find an ounce of difference, they are all born hunting dogs that will go all day long and want some more the next morning.I was down in Derby a few weeks ago and a wee bitch ripped the ligiments in her right front leg and she kept going all day long,we thought she had just cut her pad as she wouldn't put any weight on it but a day later she was taken to the vet as it didn't seem to be healing and my mate was told she had ripped her ligiments and they would need to operate,£690 for an op and 12 weeks in a cage she is going mad but she cant be kenneled along with the rest

But I do agree it comes down to breeding but a lot of it comes down to the owner and if they are taken into the field too early, a novice or someone too keen to get their new dog started is a recipe for disaster and the dog pays the ultimate price with its life.My patterdale was kept intentionally away from hunting till she was 15 months old but she took to it like a duck to water.

Never witnessed Patterdales in Ireland but have witnessed them in the Midlands,County Durham and Scotland. For a wee dog it has some heart and couldn't find an ounce of difference, they are all born hunting dogs that will go all day long and want some more the next morning.I was down in Derby a few weeks ago and a wee bitch ripped the ligiments in her right front leg and she kept going all day long,we thought she had just cut her pad as she wouldn't put any weight on it but a day later she was taken to the vet as it didn't seem to be healing and my mate was told she had ripped her ligiments and they would need to operate,£690 for an op and 12 weeks in a cage she is going mad but she cant be kenneled along with the rest

But I do agree it comes down to breeding but a lot of it comes down to the owner and if they are taken into the field too early, a novice or someone too keen to get their new dog started is a recipe for disaster and the dog pays the ultimate price with its life.My patterdale was kept intentionally away from hunting till she was 15 months old but she took to it like a duck to water.

my bitch got attacked by some f*****g mongrel a couple of years ago,she walked home as she seemed fine but in the morning she didnt come out of her kennel,was just lying there,took her to the vets and it turned out she walked half a mile with a broken back,she had to be put down,hard as f**k dogs for their size

Ireland would probly have the best not just saying that because im from ireland but just that iv seen some serious irish patts over here and if the english patts can top them then il eat my hat but alot of the english lines go back to irish so they say! :victory:

It's true that is now and the English Wheatons are better than the Irish ones :wallbash:

your having a laugh what irish line of wheaten have you seen working ?

if your happy with the terrier you got. dont mater what breed it is from as long as it dose what you wont thats all

thats maters. in my opinion. all this this dogs got this name and that dog that dog comes from that lines. dont wash

with me.you can have the best breeding in a dog dont mean its going to be agood worker.haven sad that each to

there own :tongue2:

CANT FAULT THE PATTS IVE SAW FROM WALES AND IVE GOT SOME ABOUT ME WHICH SELF ENTERD WITH OUT A PROBLEM AND BRED BETTER THAN EITHER PARENTS FOR TESTING QAURRY BUT MINES ARE NOT GOOD PETS AND NEVER WILL , BUT FOR WORKING WELL YET TO SE BETTER ALLROUNDERS

Guest ozzy

im irish travel all over england seen a lot of pats working know both men who brought the first pats to south of ireland :: :patterdale is the name of village in north england patterdale dogs are england bred in my opinion gould breed dogs are the buisness nuttals are to small now but no one can argue his old stuff was great ireland has no claim to patterdales only we work them and that a fact if anyone can tell me where in ireland patterdales were breed over 30 years ago i like to know

Guest pip

While i have a lot of respect for a lot of english terriermen ,i bet 90% of them wouldn t know what work is for a wheaten and probably not much over 70% of Irish either.No offence intended but those who do know will realise what im saying is true.Edited to say ,if work standards are lowered then the amount of "good dogs" will multiply.

Edited by pip