how many dogs can you keep

just got back from holiday today and have had a run in with the neighbours already about my dogs ..seems all was nice and lovelly for them when i was away :thumbdown: ..i keep 4 dogs all kept inside and none of them are barkers.. the house is private bought and i rent it from a friend ...this is in the essex area,, anyone know for sure before i end up losing it with one of them

THINK IT DEPENDS ON THE BLOKE YOU RENT THE HOUSE FROM ASWELL

IF HES OK WITH YOUR DOGS SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM

NO NOISE FROM YOUR DOGS SO WHAT THEIR PROBLEM

HAD IT MYSELF COUNCIL NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY 5 DOGS

RSPCA CAME NOT A PROBLEM

NEIGHBOUR NOW GONE :clapper:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Yeppers. Been there. Ye'll find these people have problems of their own. They can't or won't face and deal with them, so they try to transpose them externally. I.e. They blame your Dogs for their, eg. Financial or marital difficulties.

Here's what ye do ~ Watch my lips ~ F*ck Them. Ok? Always be polite and friendly. Always smile when it wouldn't appear sinister to do so. But F*ck Them.

Rememberl They have a problem. You don't. They Will go away :yes:

what was the problem with the dogs while you were away? Did they bark or did the person watching them let them run the neighborhood? Something must have happened for the neighbors to complain?

Don't know about the numbers you can keep but if you dogs are causing a nuisance it CAN be a problem, especially if you live in a terrace/semi. You say they don't bark, but are you sure they don't do it while you are out? It may be worth setting a tape recorder a few times just to check for peace of mind. Also your dogs should be under control and your place kept clean and hygenic, that way if the council officials come to call you can smile and show them your well cared for, well behaved dogs in their clean environment :tongue2: .

People who lived along my street had two unneutered collie dogs living in their back yard and the smell of their piss would have knocked you over, they also ran up and down the fence all day barking at people on the public footpath. Now this did not bother me much personally as I walked past it BUT I would not have like to live beside it. That said, I probably could have tolerated those smelly noisy dogs better than some of the local smelly noisy chavs and their offspings.

Guest manda

Normally its upto 2dogs in a private rented house but as your friend is the landlord and owner if its fine with him than no one can say jack sh!t, but only 2 domestic animals in a council house

my mother in law is like this..... the people living behind her have a couple of fox terriers and they're only good for barking it seems... but ONLY when there is a voice they dont recognize.... then next to them lives a sheltie that yaps constantly... which i think most shelties do anyway.. mine certainly did and she was only half sheltie. this one in particular only barks if the terriers bark... then directly nextdoor to the in laws is a labrador that is quiet as a mouse until the owners dogsit their sons GSD... then its non-stop barking.

it really isnt as bad as it sounds. i've stayed with them long enough to know better than to listen to my mother in laws bitching. if the terrier starts barking this woman will bitch for the next ten minutes. long after the dog has shut up. honestly i dont think she's any better..... she frightened one neighbour into not using her fireplace anymore because it makes my mother in law cough... the guy that owns the fox terrier is a cop and you can hear him shush his dogs in a hurry because of this city dwelling wolverine living behind him.

and yet NO ONE complains to her, or about her, when she blasts Celtic Women on her outdoor stereo system.......... and the funniest thing is my father in law only complains when she complains. not because he agrees with her, but because he doesnt want to hear her bitching... pisses him off to hear a dog bark because she'll barking right along side it..

i really do love my mother in law, i swear :angel:

Guest whitser
Been through this last year had neighbours the same ,arse pca a few times and the local council and old bill, as long as your dogs are looked after and excercised ,they can whistle , even if they were barking its not that easy for them to prove ,anyway all well that ends well in my case the neighbours decided to move on ,and i have two lovely lesbians for neighbours who allthough like dogs love pussy more :icon_eek:

lezzers for neighbours...that has to add at least 50 grand to the value of a house.

Guest manda
my mother in law is like this..... the people living behind her have a couple of fox terriers and they're only good for barking it seems... but ONLY when there is a voice they dont recognize.... then next to them lives a sheltie that yaps constantly... which i think most shelties do anyway.. mine certainly did and she was only half sheltie. this one in particular only barks if the terriers bark... then directly nextdoor to the in laws is a labrador that is quiet as a mouse until the owners dogsit their sons GSD... then its non-stop barking.

it really isnt as bad as it sounds. i've stayed with them long enough to know better than to listen to my mother in laws bitching. if the terrier starts barking this woman will bitch for the next ten minutes. long after the dog has shut up. honestly i dont think she's any better..... she frightened one neighbour into not using her fireplace anymore because it makes my mother in law cough... the guy that owns the fox terrier is a cop and you can hear him shush his dogs in a hurry because of this city dwelling wolverine living behind him.

and yet NO ONE complains to her, or about her, when she blasts Celtic Women on her outdoor stereo system.......... and the funniest thing is my father in law only complains when she complains. not because he agrees with her, but because he doesnt want to hear her bitching... pisses him off to hear a dog bark because she'll barking right along side it..

i really do love my mother in law, i swear :angel:

lol must be an over 50 woman thing.

the dogs were not in the house when i was on holiday..it is just a case of wankers with nothing better to do than attempt to stab me in the back when i was gone ,,they know if they said anything to my face i would have takin a swing at them ,,the landlord my mate came round to do some work and both neighbours either side had a few digs at him but when i pulled them up yesterday they denied it but i trust my landlord and i know he was telling me the truth,,,one neighbours is a weirdo that just went and got a mail order husband from egypt ,,she is a chinky by the way .. she met him married him and was pregnant with him in a month and now the baby,s here does not like the idea of dogs next door ..even though i think they are 2 immigrant dogs myself..and the other neighbour is a old girl in her 70,s who made out i was her friend (i do all the maintenece on her house free of charge )then she goes and stirs it up ...basically i told them what i thought of them and you can imagine it went down well ... i just wanted to know the score before any authority figures started turning up at the door as i have a bad temper :boxing: ...thanks for the replys everyone :bye:

keep as many as you like..........as long as they are looked after (in every respect) and aren't running loose!!!

nothing can be done.

sad that people can't let other people live their lives........and get on with their own....they must be pretty sad and have nowt else to do.

the keeper from the local estate lives in our village and his dogs (5 of em) bark every time somebody goes past his house........everybody accepts it and is used to it.

hope theres no problems for you over this!!!!

all the best

sean