Anonymous users????

Guest E.Mc

Guest Eamon.Mc

Why is there always anonymous users trolling these forums??? Should that feature not be done away with and that the only people that can log in anonymously shoild be admin and mods?????? :hmm::hmm:

A lot of the anonymous users will be the various search engine robots such as googlebot etc.

They read and index pages so when you put in a search in your chosen search engine you get the most accurate results.

A list can be found http://www.jafsoft.com/searchengines/webbots.html

Some others will be linked from other websites so will not be members.

I have no doubt that SOME anti's/police do visit this site, but I very much doubt it is to the scale that some people think.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

When ye consider, only this morning, I noticed we had Five members on site and Five Hundred and Fifty Five Guests; What differance does it make?

I could log out right now and then prowl this place as a Guest. No one would notice me amongst the couple of hundred usually on here.

Saying that, I see no earthly reason why Anyone, Ordinary Member or passing Mod' should wish to skulk behind annonymity. It takes a concious Click to do that and I see no reason why anyone should feel the need to make that click.

Guest JohnGalway
Why is there always anonymous users trolling these forums??? Should that feature not be done away with and that the only people that can log in anonymously shoild be admin and mods?????? :hmm::hmm:

Why the link between someone who chooses to log in as invisible and trolling? The two do not go hand in hand. I like the feature :yes:

If you're looking to contact someone you can search the members list for them. I can well imagine some members hide their online status for valid reasons, such as avoiding people who may give them hassle due to "whatever", or if they're avoiding someone thye don't want to be outright rude to by telling them to feck off :thumbs:

I've been logging in as invisible for quite some time.