BUCK IN THE RAIN

I was kindly invited off my mate Alan to try for a buck in the Scottish Borders this morning. I arrived at 5.30am and it was raining. As we drove down to the area we were stalking I spied a deer in the half light but unfortunately it was a doe.We parked the car up and proceeded to stalk along the edge of some winter wheat when I spied 3 roe out at the far end of the field. On glassing them I could see one was a young cull buck. We stalked in on them but they had moved down into a little gulley which was actually to our advantage , I crawled forward through the soaking wet grass til I got about 100 yards from them , the buck dropped on the spot .............

post-29-1208004634.jpg

A good start to the morning , we continued on a bit but no more bucks presented themselves, then the rain started really heavy so I came home .

Thanks Alan for another look out mate , hope the weathers fine next weekend and we grass that big buck !!

no probs mark, welcome anytime mate. i'll be out a couple of evenings this week to find that big buck i'm sure he'll be in that deep gully. :yes: shame the weather was shit order today. :wallbash::thumbdown: i'll give you a phone wed/thurs for next weekend. ;)

:clapper: yep foxhunter you are one very lucky c*nt :whistling: good shooting when we having a day out again :thumbs:

No luck involved mate just finely tuned hunting prowess !! :victory: We will get out shortly mate.

verry nice buck you hav there mate.