so i've been wondering ..... i have butchered my own meat, or watched my dad or grandad do it in the past but it was always wild game and always tough. i thought "what can ya do??? its wild!! and probably old..."

this past winter when we killed some extra roosters that were running around the property and i noticed they were tough as hell... but again.. they were roosters, free range at that, and the youngest ones were only 11 months old.. but hey! they were dog food so i didnt care! the dogs certainly didnt complain much..

so now that i finally have a couple litters of bunnies, several duckies, and some baby goats i've got to start thinking about this. in short i now have a controlled environment and want to know the best way to go about preparing things..... like for example... the store bought chickens are all limp and kinda flop around, right? but always tender when you cook them... and the ones from the yard were.. not. and just looking at the hens walking around outside they look like they'd probably give you a good work out if you tried to chew on one..

by the way i know what rigamortis is... but how does that play into fresh meat? i only have a vague idea about bleeding an animal out but again dont know for how long or any other details.....

in short... can someone PLEASE take me through a short/simple step by step on how you prepare an animal to be butchered(care/feeding etc) and then the actual butchering itself? you would have my undying gratitude and devotion!! :victory::notworthy:

i've looked it up online but only came across antis or people trying to sell me meat grinders.... :doh: