fox control or not ?

Guest friedrice

Guest dog on
Fox controll is Fox controll,, Be it Snaring,, Lurcher work,, Shooting from cars,,, Shooting from foot,, Terrier work,, Hound exersise.

so you think shooting foxses where you havent got permission is fox control. well YOUR WRONG. READ WHAT YOUR WRITING FOX CONTROL IS ONLY FOX CONTROL WHEN THE LAND OWNER WANTS THEM REMOVED. that means snaring, lurchers, terriers and shooting is oly fox control when you have permission of the landowner.

this is reason why fieldsports are going down the drain while people are poaching land without permission.

Thats what i meant :big_boss: Sorry i apoligize for not adding,, Only when the landowner wants them gone.

And yes it is the fuckabouts ruining it for the decent majoritory.

so why should we accept the fools that go around shooting foxses from road sides as one of us and a field sport.

just remember there is only so many people willing to give permision but there are more people who would like to get permision but cant get it so you cant tell people they cant go out doing what they like doing untill they get permision .if that was the case you could more than half the people involved in field sports and there would be a even biger chance of it becoming illegal to hunt and shoot .it is not like fishing where you can turn up and pay a low fee to enjoy your chosen persuit .

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox controll is Fox controll,, Be it Snaring,, Lurcher work,, Shooting from cars,,, Shooting from foot,, Terrier work,, Hound exersise.

so you think shooting foxses where you havent got permission is fox control. well YOUR WRONG. READ WHAT YOUR WRITING FOX CONTROL IS ONLY FOX CONTROL WHEN THE LAND OWNER WANTS THEM REMOVED. that means snaring, lurchers, terriers and shooting is oly fox control when you have permission of the landowner.

this is reason why fieldsports are going down the drain while people are poaching land without permission.

Thats what i meant :big_boss: Sorry i apoligize for not adding,, Only when the landowner wants them gone.

And yes it is the fuckabouts ruining it for the decent majoritory.

so why should we accept the fools that go around shooting foxses from road sides as one of us and a field sport.

just remember there is only so many people willing to give permision but there are more people who would like to get permision but cant get it so you cant tell people they cant go out doing what they like doing untill they get permision .if that was the case you could more than half the people involved in field sports and there would be a even biger chance of it becoming illegal to hunt and shoot .it is not like fishing where you can turn up and pay a low fee to enjoy your chosen persuit .

so what your saying is thats it is perfectly fine to shoot foxses from the road side if they cant get permission. are you for real

I did have a lamp with me, my lightforce 170. I hadnt used the lamp in this field yet as it rises in the middle like a small hill, so the best vantage point is on the crest. It was as i was walkin to the crest i saw the landrover, i was waling along a hedgrow at the time, i stopped after around another 25 yards as the vehicle had stopped, from this point to them lamping the field and firing was around 10-15 secs, i still hadnt used the lamp as i wasnt at my vantage point yet so they were unaware i was there, i still didnt expect them to fire. About 5 secs after they fired i fired my shotgun in the air to let them know someone was there and they drove away fast.

mmm well if you had a lamp why didnt you flash that instead of taking a shot ? permission or not it could of gone tits up for you if a couple of guys turned around to the law and said they had been shot at ( they dont know if it was in there direction or not)

instead of telling the world of how scared you was maybe you should of done the right thing and gone to the police ??

They were breaking more laws than i was.,seen as i havnt broken any. True they wouldnt have known if it was intended for them or not, neither did i know the shot from their vehicle wasnt intended for me and what would gain your attention more if youre breaking the law, a gunshot or flash from a light, i just wanted them gone. I had no evidence to go to the police with, no vehicle reg number, no ID of suspects, the only thing i had was a dead fox which had been shot with a rifle. The police were of no help when we have had other incidents on the ground and more than likely wouldnt have been this time.

ss06

p.s, put yourself in that situation where someone takes a shot, in the dark, and it lands 200 yrds in front of you and see how you would like it, dont try telling me to act tough and rational when, for a start you were not there and i doubt you have had this happen to you. If that fox had run in my direction away from the lamp and the guy took a shot at it running and missed, theres a chance i wouldnt be replying to this post.

Guest JohnGalway

Thought I'd replied to this earlier :hmm:

I don't understand why you waited to show your own lamp? I wasn't there, I don't know how much time passed based on the description but had it been me I'd have lamped the fuckers ASAP :yes:

Guest dog on

i was replying to this piece .no i dont think it is acepitable to shoot from the side of the road .also i dont agree with certain aspects of shooting but that is me and i dont push it down other peoples throats

I don't understand why you waited to show your own lamp? I wasn't there, I don't know how much time passed based on the description but had it been me I'd have lamped the fuckers ASAP :yes:

Dindt think to be honest John, it has never happened before and id never heard of it happening so it was a complete shock. It was naievity that stopped me lamping them as i wandered what they were up to. Between them stopping the truck and lamping the field and firing at the fox was around 10-15 secs, not very long at all. They must have been ready to fire almost instantly, following the lamp in the scope and as soon as it stopped on the fox,bang.

Some of you seem to be condeming my actions, i feel they were justified in that they buggered off fast and i didnt get shot.

Guest dog on
sportingshooter06 is making good points.Unlike dog on but he normally spouts a load of crap.I dont know how thse idiots get FAC's in the first place.You have to have premmision to get a rifle or be a member of a club.

I do think its a bit strange trying to kill more foxes than your mate, hardly a fieldsport as it is just like poaching.

of course you are so educated you know all the answers there is no chance that it could be an illegal weapon because there are none in the country and poaching is a craft and a way of making a living not a numbers game look it up \\wet behind the ears//
Guest JohnGalway

Dindt think to be honest John, it has never happened before and id never heard of it happening so it was a complete shock. It was naievity that stopped me lamping them as i wandered what they were up to. Between them stopping the truck and lamping the field and firing at the fox was around 10-15 secs, not very long at all. They must have been ready to fire almost instantly, following the lamp in the scope and as soon as it stopped on the fox,bang.

Some of you seem to be condeming my actions, i feel they were justified in that they buggered off fast and i didnt get shot.

I'm not saying anything about anyone ;) I was just curious :victory:

Guest bigredbusa
p.s, put yourself in that situation where someone takes a shot, in the dark, and it lands 200 yrds in front of you and see how you would like it

i have been in that position , ive been climbing over turnstyles to have em blown away at my feet by high powered rifles by a keeper using nv and no it's not nice ( but i done what i thought was right at the time and would probably do the same again)

them guys who killed the fox could quite easily go to the police and report you for taking a shot at them and state they where just driving by or stopped for a bit of man lovin lol .

you had a lamp but decided to take a shot and it could of got you ( the innocent one) in the shit.

how far from the road was you then if the fox was 200 yrds in front of you ?

p.s, put yourself in that situation where someone takes a shot, in the dark, and it lands 200 yrds in front of you and see how you would like it

i have been in that position , ive been climbing over turnstyles to have em blown away at my feet by high powered rifles by a keeper using nv and no it's not nice ( but i done what i thought was right at the time and would probably do the same again)

them guys who killed the fox could quite easily go to the police and report you for taking a shot at them and state they where just driving by or stopped for a bit of man lovin lol .

you had a lamp but decided to take a shot and it could of got you ( the innocent one) in the shit.

how far from the road was you then if the fox was 200 yrds in front of you ?

The road runs along the boundary hedge of the farm, and from me the hedge/road was around 250 yards. I can see where youre coming from about getting me in trouble, it was just the first thing i thought of in the situation as the shock of it all had clouded my judgment, normally i am a calm and collected person but all rationale had gone for those few seconds. One thing in my favour is even after i took the shot they didnt know who or where i was as they scapered damn quick, I may have just shot a rabbit on the other side of the hill :whistling:

ss06

P.S John Galway, i didnt mean personally but generally :thumbs:

Last night a farmer, customer, and friend of mine, saw a lamp being swung across his fields, this happens on a regular basis, but being one man and probally up against a car load there is not a lot he can do. On this occasion he heard his cattle making a fair din and took a torch to see what was going on. Now this man has a small dairy farm, for the last 7 years he has milked morning and night and driven for a haulage firm by day, just to make ends meet and to keep farming, he has always backed field sports, been on every march and has done a lot for hunting over the years, imagine the shock and horror he felt when he shone his torch on his cattle to see a bull terrier/lurcher swinging off the throat of one of his pedigree Jersey cattle, his bull was going mental and he risked life and limb to get the dog off, in the meantime the lamp came back on to view what was happening, the dog f****d off and so did they. My friend has four cattle that have had to be stitched up, not sure if one of them will survive, and a hell of a vet bill,what do we say, "it's fox control, these things happen, can't be helped, we've got to stick by our fellow field sports enthusiasts", or do we call them the biggest shower of shits that ever was. And to all you people who moan about not getting permission thank people like this bunch of c***s, your brothers in arms!

Guest dog on
Last night a farmer, customer, and friend of mine, saw a lamp being swung across his fields, this happens on a regular basis, but being one man and probally up against a car load there is not a lot he can do. On this occasion he heard his cattle making a fair din and took a torch to see what was going on. Now this man has a small dairy farm, for the last 7 years he has milked morning and night and driven for a haulage firm by day, just to make ends meet and to keep farming, he has always backed field sports, been on every march and has done a lot for hunting over the years, imagine the shock and horror he felt when he shone his torch on his cattle to see a bull terrier/lurcher swinging off the throat of one of his pedigree Jersey cattle, his bull was going mental and he risked life and limb to get the dog off, in the meantime the lamp came back on to view what was happening, the dog f****d off and so did they. My friend has four cattle that have had to be stitched up, not sure if one of them will survive, and a hell of a vet bill,what do we say, "it's fox control, these things happen, can't be helped, we've got to stick by our fellow field sports enthusiasts", or do we call them the biggest shower of shits that ever was. And to all you people who moan about not getting permission thank people like this bunch of c***s, your brothers in arms!
you cant tar every body with the same brush look at some of the twats we got running the country it takes all sorts .yes i agree with you they are proper c//ts and as far as permision goes it is mainly down to \\ITS MY LAND AND IM NOT SHARING IT WITH ANY BODY ATITUDE//i hope the farmer gets to shoot there dog .