FAC advice needed

I applied for my FAC to Staffordshire police in November last year. I have still had on reply other than the letter confirming receipt of my application. I have telephoned the firearms unit on two occasions only to be told that there is a backlog due to the introduction of the new computer system. I have permissions on over 14,500 acres and am unable to shoot on them. It is driving me to distraction. What is my best course of action ?

your going to have to sit it out mate,they are months and months behind.....everyones in the same boat... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Bloody typical, no sooner did I post this I went downstairs and my letter for the visit was on the damn doormat :whistling: My visit is on Monday :clapper:

your going to have to sit it out mate,they are months and months behind.....everyones in the same boat... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Bloody typical, no sooner did I post this I went downstairs and my letter for the visit was on the damn doormat :whistling: My visit is on Monday :clapper:

good luck to you let us know how it went

W.D

Edited by welshdragon
sure the visit will go ok mate just dont ask what calibre the feo recomends for home defence :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

If i were the feo i would recommend either a .50 BMG or .700 Nitro Express, no chance of wounding much then! Mind you the .585 Nyati looks quite interesting too, just have to see what they give you i spose. :laugh:

ss06

p.s

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Edited by sportingshooter06
All that stuff on first application? Well done, you're a lucky guy! I guess the amount of land you have may have helped, but I'm surprised you got the .308. Is it for Deer? Have you done a DSC or got a mentor?

Thanks :) I am a member of a deerstalking club, 14500 acres passed for thirty cal plus another 2500 acres passed for .223. When they asked what experience I had I told the truth. I was trained by the RAF to shoot and since then I have shot just about every calibre that exists. From .177 air rifle to .500 SW Magnum handgun. DSC 1 and 2 are on the agenda for this year. I am a member of BASC too :)

The police are not the against legal shooting sports and the FEO that visited me was perfectly reasonable. If you have a valid reason for owning a particular gun then there is no reason why you should be refused. My reasoning is practical. All of the calibres I asked for are moderated because of noise issues. .22 for vermin i.e rabbit especially at night where there are houses close by, .22 subsonic is practically silent .17hmr for vermin and fox at short range in still weather conditions also some of the land is in closer proximity to roads and houses and the .17 is far more frangible than a .22 .223 for fox and target shooting. .223 performs better than .17 in windy conditions due to the greater weight of the projectile but needs more care when setting up the shot for the same reasons. .308 for deer and target shooting, well you wouldn't want to try and take a fully grown red deer stag with a .240 would you :)