housing advise neede

cheers guys ... what you cant see from that angle of the 3 tier hutch is that it is 3 1/2 foot deep so there is tons of room .... the single long hutch also has tubing that goes from one end right around the roof of the dog run and back in the other end and is 23 foot in length .... helps keep them fit through the summer ................

I had a bloke come to my place today who has offered to give me 2 working jills and he pointed out that because the court is a converted loft and is connected to my race birds the ferrets may smell them and stress out trying to get to them, which made me realise that the race birds may stress with the smell of ferret next to them aswell.

I decided to build a 2 story hutch 6foot long and 2.5 foot deep and each level is 2 foot high. I have completed the top level and the bottom just needs the ramp and doors. when I am finnished I will post some pics but from this description do you think it will be okay to house 2 jills. Perhaps I should also build a run to put them in some times to exercise and play?

I dont know if it would stress the animals out, my ferret court is about 3' away from the chicken coop, and neither chickens or ferts are bothered by each other, in fact, a fert got out last week, and walked straight past the chickens

I just cant take the chance of my race birds not trapping on race day because of the ferrets but I may be able to use this as an occasional play area for them. he took me out with him this morning to see the jills work, the rew jill flushed 7 but was a bit nippy when I took her out of the burrows and the sable jill only flushed 4 but she is like a little dog, when the bunnies bolted she would pop her head out and dart back in, then after the den was done she just wonders out and shows no intrest in that burrow anymore, she is more experienced than the other tough so hopefully they both become like that.

Just like to say well done to you guys for providing top support to your ferrets. Many people have misjudged me (not on here) over time as I run a ferret club and primarily our members are pet ferret keepers but my motto is so long as the ferret is happy, and it looks like yours will be then you are welcome to join us. So far we have workers and pet owners and hope that is ok with you guys.

Just wanted really to say Thanks, have an ongoing battle with people who have never met a ferret and have that misconception about them being horrid animals that you would want to hide, things like this make my heart light. Trish xx

i got a jill and a hob, andmy jill is due a week tuesday, but they are living in the samehutch a 2 tier i just bloked off the ladder so the hob cant get up, i have also got a bungalo hutch, do u think i should move the hob into there and let the jill have both tiers to herself, although the food and all would be downstairs and the sleeping court is upstairs, or should i just leave it the way it is...

cheers

jazz

i got a jill and a hob, andmy jill is due a week tuesday, but they are living in the samehutch a 2 tier i just bloked off the ladder so the hob cant get up, i have also got a bungalo hutch, do u think i should move the hob into there and let the jill have both tiers to herself, although the food and all would be downstairs and the sleeping court is upstairs, or should i just leave it the way it is...

cheers

jazz

if you can move him then move him it will make the jill feel more at ease ..........