ithink they are about 50p each but they usually have adverse side affects due to cramping cages

hollocks!!!

do a search on here mate, for rescue battery hens, I posted the website there somewhere

ours were all a bit buggered needed alot of medicine tlc to get up and better woodent even walk for a day or so and yes thye were 50p cheeper to get some younger expensive ones after all you spend

I think people do it for the thought that they are rescuing hens from a really shitty life, and a needless young death WRF!

Battery hens are young, they've just had such a crappy start that they look old.

I'm getting 20 rescue birds in the next few weeks, I have done before, and I will do again & again.

Daughter has ordered 10 of these poor girls,there is a rescue in may/june of around 13,000 of these birds,you can put your name down on a waiting list and they are free,just have to pick them up at various locations,my daughter has to go to lincoln for hers,they soon freshen up,only allowed 10 per household,anymore and u have to have a homecheck :yes:

Daughter has ordered 10 of these poor girls,there is a rescue in may/june of around 13,000 of these birds,you can put your name down on a waiting list and they are free,just have to pick them up at various locations,my daughter has to go to lincoln for hers,they soon freshen up,only allowed 10 per household,anymore and u have to have a homecheck :yes:

ours cost 50p each, although we gave them £10 for 8 as its run as a charity, had to pick them up from a place in essex, as you say, a bit featherless, but started laying by the second day, and now, 3 weeks later, have settled in fine, are looking alot better and are laying 7 eggs a day, sometimes the full 8

Watch out for the Fox!

we used to get plenty of foxes in the garden, and I even used to feed them the odd bit of rabbit, but then I started trying something I saw on river cottage, pee'ing around the garden, and aint seen them since