I've just found this interesting forum so thought I'd join and say hello.

Fanatical field sports devotee, predominantly fishing, pigeon shooting and terriers but I'm fascinated by every aspect of it all. 49 years old, started ferretting at the age of 6 and never looked back!

Edited by Pikeman

Please accept my deepest sympathy.

:laugh::laugh: They're not that bad!

I'm from Lincolnshire.

I think he meant, sympathy for finding this site.... So i see your name, interesting, you a fenland man? Or a broads? I'm of to lomond on wednesday, got 3 novices who want a guide, should be interesting!! if you know what i mean.

Anyway, welcome and have rut. Cheers Russ :notworthy:

Please accept my deepest sympathy.

:laugh::laugh: They're not that bad!

I'm from Lincolnshire.

I think he meant, sympathy for finding this site.... So i see your name, interesting, you a fenland man? Or a broads? I'm of to lomond on wednesday, got 3 novices who want a guide, should be interesting!! if you know what i mean.

Anyway, welcome and have rut. Cheers Russ :notworthy:

Fenland Russ, around the Lincoln area.

Good luck on Lomond, you'll need it the way it's fishing at the moment!

In what way? Since when? And why? explain, lol. i had 2 twentys in febuary.......

You did very well indeed.

I have a number of Scottish friends who rarely fish there now as it is not a shadow of it's former self, I haven't been for a number of years.

Still a beautiful place to fish and I'm sure you'll have a good time.

In what way? Since when? And why? explain, lol. i had 2 twentys in febuary.......

I have a number of Scottish friends who rarely fish there now as it is not a shadow of it's former self, I haven't been for a number of years.

Lol, have a good time, i am a guide on there. I have one of my boats moored on there. I have fished on the water for 20years. Your right, it isnt as good as it used to be but you tell me where you can go and catch 40 twentys in a day from the bank.

It makes me laugh, i have heard it over and over, guys go on, blank after 2 days and call it crap, especially the scottish, which by the way, i am myself. Take no notice of them go fish it yourself, you'll see it is still very capable.4 30's out of one of the spwaning grounds in a month last season is bad really is it. Just get to know the water, and dont follow the bandwagon. p.s. i blanked for 5 days on loch awe in October, i dont think it doesnt maean its not worth fishing, lol. tight lines.. Russ

Lol, have a good time, i am a guide on there. I have one of my boats moored on there. I have fished on the water for 20years. Your right, it isnt as good as it used to be but you tell me where you can go and catch 40 twentys in a day from the bank.

It makes me laugh, i have heard it over and over, guys go on, blank after 2 days and call it crap, especially the scottish, which by the way, i am myself. Take no notice of them go fish it yourself, you'll see it is still very capable.4 30's out of one of the spwaning grounds in a month last season is bad really is it. Just get to know the water, and dont follow the bandwagon. p.s. i blanked for 5 days on loch awe in October, i dont think it doesnt maean its not worth fishing, lol. tight lines.. Russ

40 twenties in a day? Are you serious? That's a ridiculous number to claim from any water anywhere.

I'm afraid bandying ludicrous figures like that around isn't doing your credibility any good at all. 40 pike in a day would be a tremendous day but forty twenties is just pure fantasy. Do you have photographs to back these claims up? I'm astonished that you haven't used these statistics to advertise your guiding business as they would make you the most succesful pike angler in the UK.

Morning all, found this site through the INBEG forum which I am wont to lurk!

I also use the Landrovernet forum as to me all 3 have a "countryside link.

What about me? Well, I'm 63 going on 21, retired (arthritis) ecologist with a passion for wild mushrooms.

Loves..birds, mushrooms, all the foraged stuff I can get hold of(make a mean red from brambles!!) from wild garlic in spring right through to Velvet Shanks( Flamulina velutipes) in winter

Wind turbines, there's something aesthetically pleasing about them...ex glider pilot!

Hates..NIMBYS!! 'specially those who know sweet FA about the countryside and try to tell us what/not to do!

Antis...how dare you call my Landy a gas-guzzler, it's 25 years old and runs on veg oil!!

ITS GREEN!!! and will be for the next 25!!

Mike.