What dog to get? To do the job!

hello lad i would say a collie x is a good first time lurcher and they are very clover but dont rush and by any old dog take your time about it and i got two beddlingtons what are 3/4 breed and they lamp and ferret but have had eveythink before the ban they are 20 inch and i would say 19 to 22 inch is the best size rabbit dogs but if you add bedlington most will take foxes as a lot of the lads on this site will tell you i can put a pic of my two on if you wont me to

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello lad i would say a collie x is a good first time lurcher and they are very clover but dont rush and by any old dog take your time about it and i got two beddlingtons what are 3/4 breed and they lamp and ferret but have had eveythink before the ban they are 20 inch and i would say 19 to 22 inch is the best size rabbit dogs but if you add bedlington most will take foxes as a lot of the lads on this site will tell you i can put a pic of my two on if you wont me to

Good advice there. And yeh that would be good to what breed and tts?

atb ollie

Hiya again i am going for the chat with my parents now i sort of have my mu on my side. wish me the best i will let you know in about an hour keep the advice comiong please guys i need as much as i can get please. CHeers

Heya again guys, my dad still wants a spinger and doesnt want to be leaving a dog in a kennel and run for 7hours, so i said well if you get two dogs then it sort of shortens that time as they will be playing together. Any advice? I will be walking the dog everyday at 4 when i get home from school for at least three miles. Hope fully if i get a dog some catches on the walk! :whistling:

Edited by olliedakennard
Heya again guys, my dad still wants a spinger and doesnt want to be leaving a dog in a kennel and run for 7hours,
why would it make any difference if it was a springer and left in a kennel ? and not a lurcher .
if i waas you i would get a book on lurchers and read it before you make you get a pup. and if its for ferreting and lamping rabbits and maybe get a fox then i would go for beddyx or colliex

I have read a couple of books that my mate let me borrow. But i just need to persuade my parents but dad thinks it is to long for a dog to be in a kennel?

atb ollie

so he is saying you cant have a dog then because what is the diffrents between a springer being left then say a beddy whippet i used to take my two for a run in the morning then one after work most lurchers are in kennels or in side because if not they will be up to all sorts

No he ment any dog ? WHat length of times do you leave youres in the kennels?? all the best ollie
some of mine are inside, running dogs will lay around all day sleeping, think you would have a hard job getting a springer to do that LOL.
so he is saying you cant have a dog then because what is the diffrents between a springer being left then say a beddy whippet i used to take my two for a run in the morning then one after work most lurchers are in kennels or in side because if not they will be up to all sorts

No mate if you read i said he ment any dog, so do you reckon it would be alright for me to leave a spinger and a collie grey in a kennel all day yes or no? CHeers ollie

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT BREED OR TYPE OF DOG IS LEFT IN THE KENNEL. MOST PEOPLE WITH DOGS DO WORK.

THE QUESTION IS:

ARE YOU COMMITTED AND RESPONSABLE ENOUGH TO KEEP A DOG?

RAIN OR SHINE WALKING THE DOG?

VET FEES, YOU WILL BE OWNING A LURCHER.. :D

HOLIDAYS? DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO LOOK AFTER HIM/HER WHEN AWAY?

COST OF UP KEEPING?

IF THE ANSWER IS YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE THEN I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR NEW HOUND. ;)