I drive a ford maverick, its a 94/95 model. A fine motor on the road other than needing your own fuel refinery to run it!!

As to its off road capabilities buy an austin metro or a push bike. Its ok dry off roading but add some water and you may as well walk.

Guest Leveller

My missus has got a Maverick and she absolutely loves it she's had it 2 years and it's never let her down, she tows her three horse trailer with it twice a week through the hunting season she's recently been looking at various shogun's, land cruisers etc: but can't find anything as good as her current car in her opinnion. Personally I think it's fecking ugly but there you go mechanically it's sound and it is good for towing.

I had a '95 model, wasn't the worst, but there were issue's with the free wheeling hubs on the front end. One packed it in, in the mud & then several months later the other one gave in, again, when i was needing the 4x4 drive.

It ended up costing £300 per side to replace them.

Also, anyone running a Terrano, use the Ford spares rather than Nissan, you will save £'s on the parts, especially things like drop links.

If i remember correctly, Nissan wanter about £90 per link per side, Ford was around £80 for the two.

Fuel economy was approx 28mpg urban use, no better or worse than my current Discovery.