Bad things come in three's

Jordan

Woke up this morning and a nice frost was on the ground. Id been out yesterday with Philg but thought i might as well go out again.

Well the saying bad things come in three's deffinately applied today. Loaded all the ferreting gear into the car and shot over the road

to wake up my usual ferreting partner, unfortunately he was out ferreting with another bloke we know. Not one to give up easily i decided

to take my younger brother instead.

Go the old man to drive us out to the land we were planning to do to be met by the land owner who told us we can no longer ferret it. The reason being

that after we ferreted the land last time he recieved a load of hatemail for allowing bloodsports to happen on his land. He had also had his car windows

smashed he's not sure and doesnt want to take the risk of letting us continue and more stuff happen. I understand his point of view and dont hold it against him afterall

at the end of the day its his income and home that are at stake. Though i wish i knew who had sent the hatemail and smashed up his car as i would go round and

have a nice little talk with them.

So a quick change of plan and a half hour drive later we arrived at another piece of land i hadnt visited for about 2 months didnt expect to do that well. A few

of the burrows needed clearing but we were soon underway.

6596.jpg

6597.jpg

Unfortunately when picking up the nets my younger brother forgot to do up the pocket which held the spare ferret finder collar causing it to fall out somewhere during the days

ferreting. Which meens im now down to one collar. Cant blame him though as it was only an accident, Just meens ive got to sell a few bunnies to get a new one.

Next burrow was nice and easy 4 holes on the open bank of a ditch. With an electric fence running along the top as i wasnt sure wether it was on i got my younger brother to check. He told me

that it wasnt so i went to get over and had a nasty shock as the little fecker was wearing wellies it didnt effect him i was wearing steel toe caps so ended up getting electrocuted.

Netted up and had a cup of tea and got 2 more from this burrow.

6605.jpg

6606.jpg

6607.jpg

Moved further along the ditch and came to another burrow underneath a tree which gave could results last time. Id had enough of my younger brothers talking so sent him up another hedge to

check for other burrows while i netted up the 16 or so holes. Only got 2 rabbits in this one took some finding though.

6609.jpg

6610.jpg

Was getting on towards 3pm when i usually stop ferreting so had time for one more burrow set out the longnet around this one as it was very difficult to net. The longnet saved the day and caught

the last rabbit which bolted from an unseen bolt hole.

6611.jpg

6612.jpg

6613.jpg

Image Hosting by ImgFree.net

No where near as many rabbits as i had with philg yesterday But still a good do. If my little bro wants to come out more often hes going to have to learn how to keep his mouth shut when above the

burrows though.

can I recognise some them bunnies from the trip out the day before????I know all the rabbits on my permission <_< and that diffenately looks like fred, frank,bert and bob :cry: who all sucumbed to my lethal little killing felines/canines :11: