old photo's

A very smart lookin black terrier it is too! Very much of the type around today.

1947 - This photo pre-dates Brey & Bucks blacks by some years, Plummers fell terrier (a reliable source of info dispite what many think of him now!) states that their blacks only appeared in the 50's and were very much a new type and not just in the Lakes. Could be a bit of photo terrier history there. :hmm:

A very smart lookin black terrier it is too! Very much of the type around today.

1947 - This photo pre-dates Brey & Bucks blacks by some years, Plummers fell terrier (a reliable source of info dispite what many think of him now!) states that their blacks only appeared in the 50's and were very much a new type and not just in the Lakes. Could be a bit of photo terrier history there. :hmm:

Just bin on to me sister for correct details, mother was born 1943 and she is sat in front, she was 7years. That makes the photo 1950. Pit village in Derbyshire

great them old pics shame the breeding ant on the back of pic

Just bin on to me sister for correct details, mother was born 1943 and she is sat in front, she was 7years. That makes the photo 1950. Pit village in Derbyshire

IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKIN WHICH PIT VILLAGE IS IT SMELLY DOG.

smashing looking terrier was he a worker

All in photo's dead now. Could have put up the bullsh;t that it worked, and mine were a line from these, but only found these photo's in one of me mam's boxes. Me grandad told me he,d had a black terrier and it was better than the white one me dad had and I grew up with, from the local hunt, but I was only young an did not understand what he was telling me. Dont know if it was a good dog, where it came from or if it produced anything. Main terriers around me were white russell/bull/sealyham crosses, firey stuff. Me dad did use a black terrier over the white terrier in the late 70,s and that produced some chocolate terriers the first I,d seen, but they were sold cheaper than the white ones that people wanted. Times change.

best thing that could happen for the russells, the black uns popularity :victory: