3/4 GREYHOUND 1/4 BEDLINGTON

Guest DogFaceKillah

i know of an excellent beddy cross called rocky, owned by a guy who used to sort the diggin on the estate i worked on, one of the best dogs ive ever seen, good alround dog! does [NO TEXT TALK] know of rocky owned by DW?

Guest greengrass123

It seems to be fashioanable these days to knock this cross ive owned them and can tell you they are excellent lurchers. Good ferreting dogs and more than capable on the lamp. By the way i wouldnt consider a dog of 24ats as small.

The best lurcher I ever saw (sadly not mine), on everything, was that way bred. I gave up trying to get one, and could never have hoped to get one as good anyway. Over the years I've seen trends come and go, perhaps there'll be a resurgence of this type.

I am trying having been for an age to breed something similar i have a 1st cross bitch game as you like really game just trying to find a beddy grey dog now might have found a 3/8 5/8 just trying to find out whether it takes foxs as in tracking i mean....

I am trying having been for an age to breed something similar i have a 1st cross bitch game as you like really game just trying to find a beddy grey dog now might have found a 3/8 5/8 just trying to find out whether it takes foxs as in tracking i mean....

If i had a first cross i would go to something with speed ie: whippet/greyhound or 3/4 greyhound 1/4 saluki or a good greyhound and i reckon the pups would be excellant all rounders.

does anyone know of the beddy cross ROCKY? from rochdale? this dog inspired me to get a lurcher, fell in love with the animal

I think there are pics of that dogs decendants on the working beddlington site. Incredible looking dogs.

Edited by kvnmcwebn

the cross i mentioned wouldn`t lack speed determination would make up for the slight loss of not putting a grew or something similar on her........The last litter was a 3/4 whippet 1/4 grey over my first cross very smart pups too too small........

saw an advert for a 7/8 beddy 1/8 whippet . sire 3/4 beddy 1/4 whippet dam bedlington .

i was interested as rabbiting terrier wise is my thing but i thought a extra bit of pace may not be a bad thing in the make up of the dog

any experience with 7/8 crosses or more importantly this specific cross ?

just worried about change in size structure ect