worming ferrets

how do you worm them what tablets or what ever do you give them id prefer to worm them then stuff around freezing and defrosting things mine eat whats left over after the dogs usally a few rabbit heads and i cant see my old man to impressed if he started seeing frozen rabbit heads in the frezzer every day

socks i have never wormed a ferret and all of mine are in peek condition worms will die if frozen what you think the yare some kind of super creature that dosent die in -5 tempratures???

when you have kept ferrets for more than year or two perhaps you will learn something .... if you listened to people with far more knowledge than you perhaps you would be a little more clued up ... you need to freeze rabbits for a month to be 100% sure that the worm and worm larvae are dead ... all animals no matter whether carnivorouse or herbivore contract and carry worms ... the ferret doesnt display any signs of worms becouse it has such a small digestive tract but believe me they are there .... up untill around 10 years ago i never wormed my ferrets and they were what i thought to fine .... however now that i do worm twice a year the ferrets i keep now are far healthyer fitter and in better condition than any i used to keep .... the only way to progress is to learn as we go along and not dismiss something just because you dont believe its right ...........

how do you worm them what tablets or what ever do you give them id prefer to worm them then stuff around freezing and defrosting things mine eat whats left over after the dogs usally a few rabbit heads and i cant see my old man to impressed if he started seeing frozen rabbit heads in the frezzer every day

i use panacure liquid and work according to the kitten dosage ... just adjust the amont to the weight of your ferret ..........

I remember years ago reading a veterinary report which stated that worms will not necessarily be killed by freezing (this report was re roundworm and tapeworm infestation in dogs via feeding rabbit carcasses)..apparently if my memory serves me correctly..boiling an infected carcass is the only way to ensure that worms are killed..

Having said that...I still feed my ferrets and dogs on raw fresh rabbit from time to time..and other times defrosted from the freezer..I keep my dogs frequently wormed..but I have never wormed a ferret or felt the need to..but I may do so from now on..