Wheaton Greyhound

Yeah agree with you there, jess is also a cracking rabbit dog, I have the best of both worlds with her.

Are you refering to the wheaton that Brian had and gave away to slip I think it was? I could be wrong.

close lad.shep lol

think he might be stil a member on here shephound but does not own the dog anymore.

i seen the dog run and it was out of condition but still done excellent.

i can only imagine what the dog was like fully fit.

think it was catching 20ies on the lamp for shep :thumbs:

just shows a dog that cant make it as a fox dog can do other things thats why i think these crosses like collie and other crosses are better than most :thumbs:

ahh sure auld jack was very strange sort of a creature but for the cross everyone of them i have seen have been fairly decent

brains to burn and fiery as feck with reasonable speed and stamina

a very good un on the rabbits too :thumbs:

cracking looking lurcher aswell :thumbs:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a cracking looking lurcher too!! i suppose some dogs dont do fox even the weathon cross but the good thing about this cross where i think bullx fails is that they can make excellent rabbiting dogs!!!

Posted Images

Got a wheaten x saluki x whip x grey x foxhound.

Good on squirrels and kitchens, but too bulky for anything with any speed.

Dont you think that may come from the foxhound side as opposed to anything else?

Just a thought.

FTB

Maybe, but the foxhound was supposed to have been in the mix a while back. He looks more terrier in the face and with the muscle structure.

had wheatons back in the 80s way before they had to have pitbull blood added to give them back the fire they so needed,never rated them then,and dont rate them now.

Any pics of them Dread?

If you don't mind me asking, what lines had pit blood added and which pit blood was added?

had wheatons back in the 80s way before they had to have pitbull blood added to give them back the fire they so needed,never rated them then,and dont rate them now.

Any pics of them Dread?

If you don't mind me asking, what lines had pit blood added and which pit blood was added?

Bullshit! a few wheatens were lined by staffs back in the trialing days,but didnt work out .Probably you had crufts bred shite.Cork is the place to go if your after a working wheaten.There are still working lines(not always registered) and believe me they are game basatards.Same goes for glen of imaals (they are getting too big though and i reckon are headin in the same direction as the bulldog)

too many wheaten based lurchers these days are being bred from k.c. reg useless fluffy bags of shite as has been said already.few enough people have access to proper working wheatens these days,but a good wheaten cross out of proper stuff will take some beating as a fox dog and a good wheaten cross has everything any bull cross has.a proper working wheaten is a world apart from those powder puff wasters on the show benches.

Edited by dave a

dread the wheaton xs dnt need know bull in them what so ever. i must say i do rate the wheaton xs ive got a wheaton cross pup at the minite shes out ov chris hicklings old bitch and little lurchers black dog. shes now 13 weeks hers a pic

post-49841-127382780494.gif

post-49841-12738278235.jpg

dread ive been waiting for you to pop up again lol yes jack did have bull in him but heather asnt lol cant get on your site anymore ,give us a ring im closer to you now .chris

ps you always slate wheatens off so dont lie lol give us a bell if you not got my number pm me .chris

Guest deerhound hunter

Picture070-1.jpg

2.jpg

Picture088.jpg

SP_A0921.jpg

dogsmarch10showandratting088.jpg

3 photos of jack ,he did every thing i ever wanted of him ,sad day when i add to put him to sleep ,

next 2 photo jacks sons both out of good bitches ,both as good as there sire if not better.

beltas them mate especially that black 1 how tall is it and how much wheatons in it :thumbs:

LOOK NICE THEM MATE.