How useful are bull x's really?

no they are good i think i have seen a haevy dog catch rabbits and all game pre ban also they are good for the way they lunge at every time in a run unlike some breeds that hang back a bit not nocking any breeds in peticular :cough: saluki :cough: but thye have a good drive nose is good to they smell stuff out well

looked at ur profile u need shearing u poof

:wallbash: 3/4 bred greyhound 1/4 collies and every one does its job and am willing to go out with anyone and prove it and at the end of the day i am only quoting what i have seen for myself and have not been impressed but i dont doubt there will be some decent ones knocking about
Frost Is there any use for the breed you run?????BULLX RULE in my eyes. whats the raghound you run?
:wallbash: 3/4 bred greyhound 1/4 collies and every one does its job and am willing to go out with anyone and prove it and at the end of the day i am only quoting what i have seen for myself and have not been impressed but i dont doubt there will be some decent ones knocking about
Frost Is there any use for the breed you run?????BULLX RULE in my eyes. whats the raghound you run?

frost maybe its just that the bull crosses you've seen work are shite like so many are, imo that's often the case with all crosses...

i've had and tried them all and 90% are just not upto the job i want them for, however i have a bigger success rate with bull crosses than i do with the others apart from wheatens because i have'nt seen enough of them work, only 2 and they were both brilliant....

now the best dog i ever owned was a 3/4 grey 1/8 bull 1/8 collie, but i think he was definately an exception to the rule....

I s'pose that's part of the beauty of lurchers - there's one out there to suit us all and what we want them for. It'd be a boring old world if we all liked exactly the same thing, eh?

For what it's worth, I know that Frost's dogs can be counted on to do what HE requires of them - if they didn't, they wouldn't be around for long. Similarly, I have a mate who swears by bull x's and they're ideal FOR HIM and what HE does.

Each to their own.

Guest smashygadge

i personnaly like them but dont keep i have a beardie x greyhound dog and a pedigree greyhound and they do it for me im new to site but each man and u will get a different opinion .my mate keeps bull and works as well as mine but all have different qaulitys mates in pic get my dogs up when i get a chance :thumbs:

i agree with mistwalker and the few others .....every one to there own depends on what you want :hmm::hmm: .............. but all i can say is if i had a bull x doin this that and the other i wouldnt be saying nowt coz iv had a good dog taken by a theiving little :censored: befor from my kennals :angry::angry: learnt from my mistakes

Edited by roadrunner

Is this some kind ov wind up.How can you generalise like that. :wallbash: Thats like saying iv seen a few whippets and they are all really shy.Theres good and bad in every cross.As we all know bull crosses have many faults but so do Saluki's its personal chioce.

Edited by SID BULL CROSS
:wallbash: What does everyone think of this current obsession of everyone to have bull x's? Having been out more than a few times with several different lads with dogs that had varying amounts of bull blood in them and to be honest i do not rate them one bit.To me they are to slow and heavy built and when they do catch at times the quarry looked like it had been put through a mincer.True they look the part in a show ring but in the field what good are they? :whistling:

once again a truly original and thought provoking post that really gets the grey matter moving i have not seen a topic as engrossing as this one since the differing drying speeds of white paint on the wickes web site thanks reallllllly enjoyed this one really made a change to see something quite out of the ordinary :icon_eek::thumbdown::wallbash::clapper: :clapper: :clapper: