Which rifle for rabbitting??

I am wondering what you think is the best rifle to use for going rabbitng and maybe for the pigeons.

i have the logun s.16.s(the new one) and my old hw77(which i have had for many years)

they both exellent in my opinion, but i would like to know what you all think would be best to take out to the field?

Edited by mark01856

well if you think about it

if you are sitting decoying pigeons or shooing them out of tress them 1n shot and they will be all away so any gun would do but if you are shooting rabbits say waiting out side there burrow from an vantage point then that when the logun would be my choice as if you are sitting and say all of a sudden rabbits come out of there burrow if you shot with the hw77 them the other one which u didnt shoot will bolt but if you have the silence of a pcp then you may get the other

hope this help

Jason :thumbs:

yea thats a Great Help Jason, i Think the same, its just i dont want to put my hw77 into retirement, lol, it has been such a gun gun over the years.

well if you think about it

if you are sitting decoying pigeons or shooing them out of tress them 1n shot and they will be all away so any gun would do but if you are shooting rabbits say waiting out side there burrow from an vantage point then that when the logun would be my choice as if you are sitting and say all of a sudden rabbits come out of there burrow if you shot with the hw77 them the other one which u didnt shoot will bolt but if you have the silence of a pcp then you may get the other

hope this help

Jason :thumbs:

Guest bigredbusa

i heard the logun had a few problems , you cant really go wrong with a weirach but as what has been said it not as easy to live with , why not go for the AA 410 , seems to be the airrifle of choice at the moment (light and standing shots all day long )

failing that how about ...............

50cal2.png

50 cal. luvly lol

i heard the logun had a few problems , you cant really go wrong with a weirach but as what has been said it not as easy to live with , why not go for the AA 410 , seems to be the airrifle of choice at the moment (light and standing shots all day long )

failing that how about ...............

50cal2.png

The Logun S-16s is a really good rifle :thumbs: the early non-shrouded was a bit problematic to say the least and I would avoid these :thumbdown:

I think that once you get used to S-16s and that is the main cause for concern with so many folk who tend to sell them on without getting used to a rifle that a different technique to other PCP's, as already said huge shot capacity and will match any rifle for accuracy :thumbs:

The 77 ? Well, I just wouldn't be selling it :drink:

thank you all for your comments, much appreciated, i wont be selling either of my rifles, i just think im gunna be using my s.16.s alot more.

cheers guys

The Logun S-16s is a really good rifle :thumbs: the early non-shrouded was a bit problematic to say the least and I would avoid these :thumbdown:

I think that once you get used to S-16s and that is the main cause for concern with so many folk who tend to sell them on without getting used to a rifle that a different technique to other PCP's, as already said huge shot capacity and will match any rifle for accuracy :thumbs:

The 77 ? Well, I just wouldn't be selling it :drink: