JUMPING!!!!

Dnt f****** tlk lyk that bout my dog or any dogs dnt coment unless u got sumin nice to say

Any chance in having that in English you fecking muppet?

THINK I UPSET HIM but ive told him how to sort it O.B.E so hopefully it will calm him down

christ anyone would think what bull said wasn't a legitimate training method, helps with that explosive reactions out of the traps!!!!!!

but the way he writes suggests it might have gone over his head

christ anyone would think what bull said wasn't a legitimate training method, helps with that explosive reactions out of the traps!!!!!!

:clapper: :clapper: told you his dog needs the O.B.E

It's the way he tells 'em! :laugh::laugh:

nd thnx to evry1 has posted still [NO TEXT TALK] else with an opinion please let me know:D:D:D

As someone else said"whippet type pups like to creep under rather than over stuff".Thing is not to scare him by trying to force him over jumps.My method is a bit repetetive and might bore the pup at first but it ain't gonna scare or hurt him.Someone has already suggested laying a log on the ground but to start even a bit of 4"x2" will do .Put doggy on a lead and walk him over the obstacle.As he comes up to it say",Over"(or whatever command you favour)once only.The dog won't notice the "jump "but he will come to realise that "Over" means something will pass beneath him as he walks .BUild up, as suggested by others,to six inches ,then a foot over a period of several days.At this point you can approach the jump at a run and it can become fun to build a mini assault course using jumps of different materials and make a game of it.On country walks use the "Over" command EVERY time doggy hops over the tinyest fallen branch or ditch. It might take weeks before doggy is jumping even 2feet(plenty high enough for a pup).A 3 minute daily session is better that a marathon lesson once a week ,keep the command simple and never end a session on failure even if it means going back to a small jump and make it something the pup enjoys.Lots of tail wagging and doggy grins.Once he's learned the basics only you can judge the time for bigger obstacles.Good luck

Edited by comanche
nd thnx to evry1 has posted still [NO TEXT TALK] else with an opinion please let me know:D:D:D

As someone else said"whippet type pups like to creep under rather than over stuff".Thing is not to scare him by trying to force him over jumps.My method is a bit repetetive and might bore the pup at first but it ain't gonna scare or hurt him.Someone has already suggested laying a log on the ground but to start even a bit of 4"x2" will do .Put doggy on a lead and walk him over the obstacle.As he comes up to it say",Over"(or whatever command you favour)once only.The dog won't notice the "jump "but he will come to realise that "Over" means something will pass beneath him as he walks .BUild up, as suggested by others,to six inches ,then a foot over a period of several days.At this point you can approach the jump at a run and it can become fun to build a mini assault course using jumps of different materials and make a game of it.On country walks use the "Over" command EVERY time doggy hops over the tinyest fallen branch or ditch. It might take weeks before doggy is jumping even 2feet(plenty high enough for a pup).A 3 minute daily session is better that a marathon lesson once a week ,keep the command simple and never end a session on failure even if it means going back to a small jump and make it something the pup enjoys.Lots of tail wagging and doggy grins.Once he's learned the basics only you can judge the time for bigger obstacles.Good luck

sound advice mate try that way if that does not work use the obe method and that will cure him

i had the same problem with my 8 month old deerhound. when i got him he had been taught not to jump, he coudnt even jump onto the back of the ute. i quickly had him jumping on the ute by using my labrador to show him how. i would be on the ute, id call the lab up and give him a treat once he was up and id then id call the hound up. i think i got him on the 3rd try and hes never looked back.

now for the fences. i consider the way i trained my dog to be a lot of work, or the 'hard way'. i started to construct a fence one wire at a time, id then grab a treat and call him with the command 'over'. after hed come over each wire a few times i raised the wire 1 more. i continued this over a period of a week until the fence was at full height. i then took him round our property and tried him on some other fences. he is now happily overcoming any obstacle that comes to him. depending on how despirate you are, id recomend this method, its a bit more work than some of the other methods around but the advantage i believe is that the dog will only be jumping over wire, instead of stumps and god knows what else, so he'll get used to fences pretty quickly. oh and by the way, i didnt just create a fence just for that purpose, i was lucky enough to have had a fence that needed doing on my property at that time so it all fitted into place. i also think that the age your dog is, is a good time to start him, as hes not quiet as heavy and built as he will be, which means he is less likely to do vital damage upon falling. cheers

Dnt f****** tlk lyk that bout my dog or any dogs dnt coment unless u got sumin nice to say

Any chance in having that in English you fecking muppet?

THINK I UPSET HIM but ive told him how to sort it O.B.E so hopefully it will calm him down

Ye its alright naw dnt wurry bout it haha!!!

i have a 7-8mnth old whippet x greyhound and he wont even jump a foot high what can i do to make him jump or haw can i train him to jump?????? :wallbash::wallbash:

Start on the basics. Is he wormed? Well fed? Well excercised?

Tie a rabbit skin on a piece of string and rag him with it 'till he goes nuts on it. Then pull it over a 12" jump, over an' over again, and make a game of it. Gradually increase the height of the jump and tell to keep his front paws together like my dog on the photo :D

lurchers normally relish their own athletisism, they will jump because they love to. if a dog has not yet realised its jumping ability then "long jumps" are the way to start it. a height is a daunting thing to a dog whereas a length is not. if you can get the dog to start jumping ditches etc then the gates will soon follow. it needs to no it can jump in some cases before it will, try it bud it worked for me !!