RATS FACE EXTINCTION IN WILTSHIRE!

Got an invite back to the freerange chicken place at an undisclosed wiltshire farm by matt,the chooks had all gone to slaughter and the barn was to be mucked out,and in the muck were hundredsa of rat holes,this realy wasnt a nice place to be ,the amonia stung yer eyes and i tried to breath as little as posible coz of the stench,its what you kinda expect as theyre only cleaned out once a year! in places the shit was 4 feet deep!!!!

but with all this ,the feed and eggs about it was rataopolis!!!! as the digger scooped each scoop rats would run for cover,the shovelers would send up a shout an whoop 'rat!!' shovels would be flying matt would be running about like a madman with his stick and his trusty hard working terrier 'vern' would be chasing lik the clappers after the rats,and boy were they big sods,ive seen smaller rabbits!!!! a squeel would sound the death knoll of another rat!!,mat had a job to get the terrier off the rat,i tug of war would ensue matt on one end of the rat anf vern on the other dog growling and matt shouting 'dead!!' at the dog. this went on for hours rats everywhere,little piles building up on the barn floor.

heres some pics of the days hunt:

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

lots-o-rats.jpg

thanks to matt for a great time and showing me a sport i had known so little about.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, especially for one dog :notworthy: Know what you mean about the ammonia though, we did some small partridge sheds that were due for their once a year cleaning out not long ago - the dust and ammonia was choking.

Them picture's dont look right to me as it has the same rat in different area's... :icon_eek: ..

Good try with your photo editing but you have just made yourself out to be a fake.. :toast: ..

Millet

millet what r u on about?

One dog did well too catch all those if it wouldn't even let go of the one it had killed !

Good sport though isn't it, we got just over 250 the other week with 6 dogs, and average over 100 every Sunday all winter, mostly out of game crops and around feeders, and not a smoker in sight !

Them picture's dont look right to me as it has the same rat in different area's... :icon_eek: ..

Good try with your photo editing but you have just made yourself out to be a fake.. :toast: ..

Millet

:clapper::clapper: well spotted millet, you look long and hard you,ll see what millets on about